Full Job Description
The WBKB Sports Department is seeking a full-time sports reporter and anchor. Experience shooting sports and being in front of a camera is a must.
Our coverage is heavily centered on high school sports from a core group of schools in our viewing area. The individual chosen for this position must be self-motivated, ambitious, and willing to go the extra mile to produce quality content. He/she will need to have good time management skills and be able to turn stories quickly and efficiently.
Job Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Producing and anchoring sportscasts for the weekend news
- Reporting on a wide range of athletes and sports
- Establishing contacts within the community (coaches, athletic directors, etc.)
- Shooting sports and sports-related activities
- Co-hosting our Friday night football show during the fall
This job requires a lot of hard work and long hours. You will be required to work weekends, and during the busy seasons, you may have to work more than full-time. However, the position is tremendously rewarding and is a great stepping-stone in a career of Sports Broadcasting.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a cover letter, resume, and a link to your demo reel to [email protected].
NO CALLS please.