The Sports Information Director manages the coverage, support to, and promotion of EOU’s 15 Intercollegiate Sports and recreation programs, and student-athletes within these programs. Responsibilities include management of the day-to-day sports information office, management of the sports information budget, creating social media content and promotional materials, and lead on all event operations and planning.
This position is responsible for all administrative duties in the sports information office, including: performance and academic awards submissions, proper handling of student records and information, management of EOU Athletics Webpage and social media accounts, creating social media and video content, oversight of promotional and marketing materials. The Sports Information Director is responsible for the training and supervision of one graduate-assistant, two part-time support positions, and 10-30 student-workers. The Sports Information Director cultivates a growth and innovative mindset around the promotion and marketing of student-athletes, programs and the department.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Publication Development
- Leadership & Administrative Responsibilities
- Primary Media Liaison
- Event Management
Job minimum requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism, sports management/marketing, or a related field.
- First Aid/CPR Certified
- Mental Health/First Aid Training
- Current and Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record.
- Active COSIDA Membership
- One (1) to three (3) years of directly relatable experience is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational skills, a commitment to gender equity and diversity.
- Must satisfactorily complete EOU criminal and credential background check. Having a criminal history is not an automatic bar to employment.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Eastern Oregon University will not sponsor applicants for employment visas.
Additional Salary Information:
- Paid holidays (9 days/year), and paid sick time-off (12 days/year)
- Individual and Family Healthcare Insurance (95%+ employer-paid medical, dental, vision)
- Generous Oregon Public Employee Retirement System benefits
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Discounted tuition benefits for employees and eligible dependents