About the job
About the Job
The Sports Information Director leads the athletic department in media and public relation communications. This will include creating and maintaining content for CCU’s official athletic website (ccucougars.com), producing and editing content for athletic publications, managing NCAA statistics for 15 men’s or women’s varsity sports, and promoting the athletic programs/department through social media.
Colorado Christian University is the premier interdenominational Christian university in Colorado and the Rocky Mountain region, delivering world class education to thousands of students. The fully accredited, nonprofit University is located in Lakewood, Colorado, a suburb of Denver.
Colorado Christian University was founded in 1914 on two principles — grace and truth. CCU’s scriptural foundation comes from John 1:17: For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. (ESV)
CCU’s mission is Christ-centered higher education transforming students to impact the world with grace and truth.
A leader in higher education, the University has been consistently ranked in the top 2 percent of colleges and universities nationwide for its core curriculum by the American Council of Trustees and Alumni. CCU has had nine consecutive years of enrollment growth and has been named one of the five fastest-growing master’s granting universities by The Chronicle of Higher Education.
CCU offers more than 100 degree program options for traditional and adult students through its College of Undergraduate Studies and College of Adult and Graduate Studies. More than 8,000 students attend the University on the main campus, in regional centers throughout Colorado, and online.
Scripture states all Christians are called to serve Christ and to minister to others. Because Christians are individuals with different gifts and callings, we serve Christ in a variety of ministry vocations. CCU invites you to explore how you may use your calling and gifts at the University.
What is most appealing about working at CCU?
- Faith-friendly: CCU’s culture is unique to higher education. Where else can you pursue academic excellence yet read the Holy Bible, pray with teammates and students at work, and work to impact our culture in support of Christian values?
- Conventionally Christian: As a university, we have an enduring commitment to Christ, his kingdom and the truth of God’s Word.
- Live out your calling: We are a traditional evangelical university where you can invest your God-given talents and abilities alongside coworkers and teammates while having a profound influence on students as they deepen their relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Equip students for kingdom work: You can be a part of helping students discover their callings and preparing them for positions of significant leadership in the church, business, government, education, and other professions, as a key part of our University’s Strategic Priorities.
We’re Looking For Candidates Who Have
- Minimum of one year of experience in intercollegiate athletics or in the development of communications for athletics. Preference will be given to those with a Master’s degree in a related field of study.
- Ability to meet the demands of working weekends, nights, and regional/national travel demands.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starting capabilities with the ability to take initiative and is able to build positive relationships while meeting multiple demands.
- Experience running the Statcrew program preferred; must understand athletic statistics for basketball, volleyball, softball, baseball, soccer, track, cross country, and golf.
- Experience with Sidearm or similar Content Management System preferred.
- Experience with Adobe CS and Photoshop.
Key Job Duties
- Contribute to CCU’s mission: Christ-centered higher education transforming students to impact the world with grace and truth. In this role, the Sports Information Director contributes to the mission by being a supporting member of a Christ-centered athletic team that is committed to extending grace and truth to CCU students as they are transformed through their athletic, educational, and spiritual pursuits.
- Write web content for press releases, game recaps, general news, staff placements, student-athlete signings, awards, and recognition. This will include:
- Maintaining current information for ccucougars.com, player biographies, schedules, rosters, statistics, records, video, announcements, camps, forms, ads, and fundraising efforts.
- Managing social media initiatives, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Responsible for all department photography, including headshots and action photography.
- Archive records, statistics, photos, and other information.
- Develop online video content, including editing and direction.
- Provide local media with news content and assist with access to student-athletes and coaches.
- Provide game and athlete information for visiting media at various home and away competitions.
- Report results and statistics using Statcrew to the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference (RMAC), media, and opposing schools. Document and catalog all statistics, records, and general information in relation to athletics for historic purposes.
- Maintain team schedules, rosters, and stats for disbursement to the sports information offices of opposing schools.
- Nominate and provide weekly, including post-season, sports information about student athletic and academic awards.
- Produce and execute game day publications, media, graphics, music, and announcements.
- Develop and maintain a schedule of game staff for table, stats, and video streaming.
- Assist with the planning and production of Athletic Department functions, including Hall of Fame Banquet, Homecoming and Alumni events, Golf Classic, and Athletic Banquet..
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics, including RMAC and University committee assignments.
While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to walk, stand, sit, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, speak with clarity, and have appropriate vision and hearing capabilities. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. You will be required to work irregular hours, including some nights and weekends. Colorado Christian University expects all faculty and staff to become a part of the University community by participating in activities and events that occur on the campus throughout the year, which may occur during evenings and weekends.
What We Offer Our Employees
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages to all employees. Our benefit package for part-time employees includes a matching 403(b) retirement plan. Pay and benefits will be discussed in more detail as candidates progress through the interview process.
The pay range for this job is: $30,000 – $31,200 annually. Pay is assigned by reviewing a combination of job-related factors that may include: internal/external pay equity, the salary structure/pay grade, or a candidate’s qualifications/experience for the job. A wage range posted is not a guarantee of a specific wage and CCU reserves the right to make pay decisions based on economic and equity considerations. CCU does not determine pay based on sex or any other protected status.
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ, who believes there is no salvation apart from faith in his atonement on the cross, by grace alone becoming “born again” thus beginning a personal relationship with Christ, the Son of God.
- Able to effectively communicate personal faith and apply biblical principles and convictions in the workplace. Must have a strong sense of calling to the ministry of Colorado Christian University.
- Regularly attend and be engaged in meaningful involvement in a Bible-believing evangelical local church. Knowledgeable about the Word of God and passionate about Christian education.
- Must be a traditional evangelical Christian whose lifestyle is in consonance with sound Christian principles, is compatible with CCU’s Statement of Faith, and is in agreement with the Strategic Priorities promulgated by the University.
- Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. Colorado Christian University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status. CCU is committed to an environment free from discrimination and harassment and calls on every member of the university community to be vigilant in deterring and reporting all violations. CCU does reserve the right to exercise preference on the basis of religion in all of its employment practices. All employees who work at CCU must demonstrate a spiritual testimony consistent with our evangelical mission and follow our lifestyle expectations.