10 Tampa Bay is looking for an energetic and innovative talent to story-tell in one of the best sports towns in America! Are you our next Sports Director-MMJ Buccaneers, Rays & Lightning are just some of the teams we cover. More than that, we’re looking for someone who’s interested in producing content that stands out from all the others. (and added bonus: We are hosting Super Bowl LV this season AND it’s on our network!)
The Sports Director will meet with the news management each week to discuss coverage and story ideas. Sports stories and coverage will need to be pitched in every afternoon news meeting.
Other responsibilities include:
- The ability to turn a wide range of sports stories quickly & daily.
- Must be able to work alone and shoot, write, produce and prepare assigned sports stories for use on-air, online and on social media.
- Must be able to manage special projects and other sports staff to execute the overall sports strategy.
- Report live before, during and after sporting events.
- Participate heavily on our digital and social platforms.
- Develop and maintain meaningful contacts
- Must be able to come up with new local sports story idea everyday and understand that great sports stories aren’t just in the pros! Be an advocate for community, school and club sports.
- Real-time posting of stories online, with pictures and video, as well as detailed posts on all social media platforms
- Flexible work schedule
- Degree in journalism, communications or similar preferred.
- At least 3-5 years of local TV news and sports experience.
- Willingness and ability to shoot and edit video.
- Working knowledge of all major sports.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 62 television stations and four radio stations in 51 markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching over 38 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks Justice Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.