About the job
We believe diversity makes us stronger – as a team, a community and a nation. We carry this belief through our hiring practices, the content we create and the culture we build within our team. We are committed to partnerships with organizations that advance equity as well as important social and cultural causes, helping to inform how we serve the needs of our listeners, client partners and communities.
As part of our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, we are investing in the future leaders of the audio entertainment industry by creating a fellowship program complete with coaching, mentoring and peer support, among other great benefits. We intend to promote diversity within our company and in media and entertainment by recruiting the best-in-class recent college graduates from underrepresented groups and underserved communities within the industry, as well as other persons who can demonstrate the commitment and desire to pursue a career in our industry.
The fellowship program is a one (1) year structured job assignment designed to fast track career development. The program will provide Fellows early career access to resources, support and professional networks that they might not otherwise experience in a typical internship or entry-level position. Our goal is to attract a more diverse, highly engaged, knowledgeable early career workforce where we can help develop your skills, provide hands-on training and resources from experienced and influential leaders within our company, and ultimately prepare you for career advancement opportunities within our team and the industry at large.
Benefits Of Participating In Our Fellowship Program
Competitive entry-level salary with a comprehensive benefits package
Coaching, mentoring, and peer support to accelerate learning and growth within the industry
Join a cohort of Fellows with access to career development experiences, real world education and professional networks beyond what is available in a typical internship or entry level position
Fellows will have job shadowing experiences to see first-hand how a leading audio and entertainment company operates across teams and platforms including on-air, podcasting, digital, sales, marketing, programming, and more.
What You’ll Do
- You will communicate daily on real-time news coverage to produce content for the station’s site and social accounts (including copy, editing staff content, writing over-the-air segments and exclusive interviews, and syndicating stories from Audacy’s Sports content team in Philadelphia), plan organized event strategies, develop insight from content performance data, double-down on successful content ideas, brainstorm new series concepts, and more—driving growth in digital listening and monthly active users.
- Own building and distributing all national sports newsletters (including breaking news emails)
- Lead push notification execution for national sports stories
- Help with social media content promotion and graphic creation
- Write original and aggregated sports articles for Audacy.com Sports
- Work alongside central content team to deliver data analysis and spreadsheet updates
- Assist Audacy Sports Regional Leads with the above duties across priority local markets as needed
- Track podcast episode schedules, guests, and listen in on high-priority episodes to help surface editorial coverage wins
- Must be a recent graduate of either an undergraduate or relevant advanced degree program; within 2 years of graduation date preferred
- Journalism or creative writing degree preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Previous hands-on experience in a newsroom preferred, or the desired interest in: audio editing, storytelling, writing
- Previous social media, podcasting experience, preferred
- Seeking individuals from underrepresented groups, as well as other persons who can demonstrate a commitment to actively participating in our DEI priorities as we work together to build a more diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment
- The ideal Fellow is a motivated, fearless, curious, inquisitive, critical thinker, and passionate individual ready to dive in and start pursing their career in the audio and entertainment industry
- Submit resume along with completed application
- Submit an application essay explaining your desire to be a part of the fellowship program, and why you would make a great candidate (500 words or less) – audio or video clips are welcome!
- Submit two out of three letters of recommendation from the following sources: academic, professional, or personal
- Depending on the fellowship, there may be additional application materials required.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com , Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
Audacy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Audacy affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Audacy, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.