The Social Media and Content Marketing Specialist will support our brand content marketing team across: social media content and metrics, earned media monitoring and metrics, the creation of brand marketing materials and dealer communications, editorial calendar organization and more to deliver a positive Cat customer experience.
- Coordinates Brand social media presence across channels, partnering with internal partners and brand team members to drive increased customer interest, consideration and loyalty.
- Ideates, creates and owns content stories across social platforms collaborating with Corporate Affairs and HR Brand teams as well as Enterprise business partners; manages creative resources and budgets as needed.
- Manages social media calendar across platforms and schedules posts.
- Curates social media content from across the enterprise (regularly monitoring industry social media accounts and other content sources) as well as user-generated content.
- Pulls, tracks and analyzes social metrics monthly across channels to help team measure platform performance and gain insights on our target audience; monitors trends in performance and advises on potential optimizations across channels with oversight.
- Coordinates Brand responses to social media comments and questions (partnering with social customer care team), and actively monitors fan posts for opportunities to share and respond with brand love.
- Ensures all content is on message and on-brand.
- Owns creation of two brand email newsletters monthly, sourcing content (copy + graphics) from extended Brand team and working with external agency partners.
- Coordinates and creates internal and dealer communications for extended Brand Marketing team including: drafting and sending communications and sample content, as well as utilizing internal content management platforms to distribute.
- Drafts articles and content for Cat.com to support content marketing and writing needs; edits content as required.
- Owns content schedule for home page of Cat.com.
- Oversees Trade Press coverage monitoring for internal clients (business units), tagging and report-out including: leveraging online platform(s) to review coverage, evaluating messaging and identifying what products/services/technologies/press releases/SMEs are quoted.
- Reviews print publications for mentions, including products/services/technology mentions as well as SMEs quoted.
- Cross-checks known interview requests, adding coverage to tracker as needed.
- Visits individual publications websites looking for Cat and competitor coverage.
- Assists with tracking the messaging landscape across key product competitors.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years social media and/or content marketing experience
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Capable content creator with demonstrated social media experience.
- Deep understanding of content development and social media best practices across Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn & Twitter.
- Ability to create content across a wide range of digital properties and varying target audiences.
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to create it, optimizing the path to conversion
- Experience with content publishing and social media listening and analytics tools
- Project management experience, being able to own projects from conception to completion with keen attention to detail and organization.
- Demonstrates understanding of our brand team’s due goals of both growing and protecting the Cat brand.
- Collaborative mindset to best work with a varied group of stakeholders internally and externally.
- The preferred location is Peoria or Chicago, IL, however, remote candidates based in the Midwest will be considered on a case by case basis.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.