About The Association
Combining the strengths of the American Institute of CPAs and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, we empower the world’s most highly-skilled accountants – CPAs and CGMA designation holders – with the knowledge, insight and foresight to meet today’s demands and tomorrow’s challenges. We drive a dynamic accounting profession that works every day to build trust, create opportunity and grow prosperity worldwide.
Summary of Role:
This role will work in alignment with the Content Strategy team to write and implement sophisticated, original, and persuasive external content for the Association’s reputation management campaign. Develops short- and long-form content that proactively shapes, protects, and enhances the global public policy, regulatory and legislative narrative around the profession’s benefits and values. Writes and edits public affairs and thought leadership content that positions the profession in high-stakes external affairs and that is used by local, national, and international advocates and close stakeholders.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Content Strategy to strategize, research, interview and write strategic messages, narratives, short- and long-form external content and thought leadership to engage and influence public policy stakeholders.
- Write and edit the Association’s owned and paid reputation management social media content.
- Develop content that helps the Association manage a wide range of complex political, technical and sensitive issues.
- Serve as a primary point of contact to various squads and content strategy groups.
- Collaborate with Content Strategy to ensure alignment and consistent messaging occurs between Association staff and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate closely with Advocacy, Content Strategy, Corporate Communications and Marketing teams to write and disseminate meaningful storylines about the profession, its value and its obligations.
- Champion tone of voice with business partners, communicating the value of the profession and demonstrating best practice.
- Provide trusted, strategic communications, writing and editing counsel to Association executives, state CPA societies and other external stakeholders.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of the US and UK public policy arenas, legislative processes and regulatory environments.
- Superior writing, storytelling and editing skills, including the ability to distill technical information for different audiences.
- Experience writing short- and long-form content for national and grassroots reputation management public affairs campaigns.
- Experience collaborating, writing and editing for senior leaders and their thought leadership programs.
- Strong decision-making/judgment skills.
- Commitment to high quality work product and strong relationships with team members and colleagues. Ability to provide effective guidance to team members and colleagues.
- Extremely strong interpersonal skills, ability to consult and bring internal “clients” to consensus, manage stress and conflict efficiently, and able to deal effectively with diverse groups.
Required Experience, Qualifications & Education:
- Minimum 5-8 years’ experience in reputation and issues writing and communications within an association, corporation or public relations agency or relevant combination.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, communications, Public Relations or related field
Preferred Experience, Qualifications & Education:
Experience and/or knowledge of the CPA profession and/or the financial services industry
Why Work for Us?
At The Association, you are part of a global, diverse and talented group of colleagues. You have opportunities to innovate and collaborate in a leading organization that impacts individuals and businesses. You’ll have opportunities to progress while enjoying an exciting work environment that supports and celebrates individual achievement, development and professional satisfaction.
Together, we will lead the most influential body of professional accountants and create the future of the global accounting profession.
We offer competitive benefits, PTO, flexible working principles, and a supportive, collaborative team environment.