About the job
If you are searching for a fulfilling place to develop your career and an opportunity to make a difference in helping others, then keep reading on. Here at AAC, we have a progressive culture; we listen to your ideas, value a work/life balance, invest in education, and we foster trust and respect for all individuals. Our exceptional comp and strong benefits include company matching 401K, medical, dental, vision and life insurance. We are looking for our future leaders, who are not only going to fill the qualifications for this job description, but who are going to exceed expectations. Be a part of a team whose mission is to provide quality, compassionate, and innovative care to adults struggling with addiction and co-occurring mental health disorders. Our purpose and passion are to empower patients, their families, and our communities by helping individuals achieve recovery and optimal wellness of the mind, body, and spirit.
Publish high quality, thoroughly researched, factually accurate, and informative content that will encourage visitors to seek addiction treatment for themselves or their loved ones. The position helps to improve brand expertise, authority, and trust by publishing expert-level content that continuously raises the bar for addiction research and information.
Duties and Responsibilities to include but not limited to the following
- Manage the development, maintenance, and enhancement of content from ideation to publication across multiple assigned websites.
- Research industry topics, SEO trends, and competitor portfolios to determine content opportunities and help guide future site enhancements.
- Closely collaborate with design, SEO, and development team members to produce comprehensive project plans that align with company vision.
- Ensure content is factually accurate and appropriately sourced, fact-checking against supplied source material and verifying reference citations.
- Edit and format all content according to house style guide, employing best practices for web content, and adhering to each site’s specific voice and style to promote brand consistency.
- Install new content and edit existing HTML within CMS platform.
- Optimize copy with an emphasis on building expertise, authority, and trust.
- Review content plans with key stakeholders to incorporate feedback that aligns with company-wide vision and strategy.
- Meet senior-level web content production quota.
- Collaborate with and support other project teams and departments as needed to promote and advance company-wide goals.
- Determine opportunities to enhance content with rich media to extend lifecycle.
- Source high-quality external contract writers and assess writing samples.
- Support and collaborate with other project teams, departments, and external vendors to support growth efforts wherever needed.
- Provide constructive feedback and clear, professional instruction to writers (both in-house and contract).
- Mentor and support other editors.
- Maintain a high awareness of relevant trending topics and news to identify content opportunities.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in web editing and research.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience with WordPress or other web CMS and knowledge of HTML
- Superior command of the English language, both written and verbal
- Impeccable writing and editing skills.
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working as part of a project team and successfully collaborating with team members across other specializations (design, UX, SEO, development)
- Experience managing remote writers
- Strong interpersonal communication skills — able to collaborate effectively with others and provide clear page-related instruction and constructive feedback
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and experience optimizing on-page content for current SEO standards
- Working understanding of UX and the ability to ensure journey is clear, compelling, actionable, and non-repetitive
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office and task management software
- Passion for helping those with drug, alcohol, and behavioral addictions
- Motivated, passionate hard-worker and self-starter
- Commitment to high level of professional standards
- Master’s degree or above in public health, healthcare, behavioral health, or equivalent industry
- Knowledge or experience in writing/editing in the addiction treatment or medical health fields
- AAC is committed to principles of equal opportunities for all employees. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations that are necessary to comply with State and Federal disability discrimination laws.