About the job
At Varen, our performance is measured by the success of our clients, and our reputation for service, superior quality, objectivity, integrity and results. Our reputation is everything to us as we are committed to being a trusted advisor to our nation’s decision-makers in a day in age that demands acute attention to detail in a fast-paced environment. Varen is seeking to add the sharpest technical professionals who share our passion for ensuring the mission success of our customers at all times.
We are seeking Senior Technical Writer/Editor for a government support contract working in Herndon VA. In order to be considered, you must have background in a technical environment. You will support our client editing technical reports for grammar, content and readability. This content will then be format for posting and use by senior policymakers within the Intelligence Community.
As a member of a small team, you will work with intelligence analyst to develop daily and more in-depth publications used by senior policymakers in the IC. Responsible for independently editing, designing, and managing the contents of the finished multimedia intelligence publications and posting to appropriate websites.
- Active TS/SCI w/ poly is required
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in English, writing, marketing, communications, or journalism; 6 years of related experience; or a Masters with 4 years of experience; an Associates with 8 years of experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience in marketing, publishing, communications or related fields
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; excellent proofreading skills [NOTE: writing samples might be required as part of the hiring process.]
- Ability to translate and communicate complex analysis using accurate, concise, and effective writing
- Experience working with content management systems
- Minimum of 2 years of experience using Desktop Publishing, basic graphics techniques, Adobe Acrobat and Photoshop, Hypertext Markup Language (HTML), Extensible Markup Language (XML), and Microsoft Office Suite (Intermediate Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of best practices with writing engaging content
- Exceptionally organized and detail-oriented
- Flexible, positive self-starter and team player with creative abilities.
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, multi-task and work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially when dealing with other contractors, customers, and senior executives
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as professional demeanor
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Google Docs, Sheets, Slides.
- Understanding of Section 508 accessibility requirements
- These Qualifications Would Be Nice To Have
- ITIL Foundation Certification