About the job
Through our dedicated associates, Conduent delivers mission-critical services and solutions on behalf of Fortune 100 companies and over 500 governments – creating exceptional outcomes for our clients and the millions of people who count on them.
You have an opportunity to personally thrive, make a difference and be part of a culture where individuality is noticed and valued every day.
Our Proposal Development Center’s mission is to create best-in-class, compelling proposals that convert to wins. In our public sector group, we respond to bids for mission-critical services for government healthcare, state and local agencies, and transportation.
At Conduent, We
- Strategically create client-centric, concise and compelling proposals
- Continually improve the quality and accuracy of our content
- Apply consistent writing style standards for unified voice across content and business areas
We are seeking a candidate who has demonstrated experience writing detailed material, including the ability to perform the following: carefully analyze RFP requirements against our proposed solution and tailor responses accordingly; integrate, revise, and refine baseline content appropriately; evaluate competitive intel and apply appropriate win themes, ghosting and differentiators to proposal story; research industry and Conduent news for continuous growth in knowledge of the transportation line of business; analyze proposal content change requests, reviewer feedback, and submittal versions to perform self-directed quality assurance and inform continuous improvement direction.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who wants to be an important part of a tight-knit, winning writing group that collaborates well, and our internal teams that are known for excellence. If you are passionate about writing and proposals, have consistently created compelling, client-centric content, have effective content planning habits, can work both independently and collaboratively, and can demonstrate daily work progress, this is the perfect place for you.
Must be methodical and solutions-oriented in approaching problems. Requires extensive, cooperative writing and interviewing skills. Since proposal writing is a time-sensitive, creative endeavor, the successful candidate must exhibit talents necessary to work with and manage others in writing on large-scale, schedule-driven creative processes (e.g., content planning, proposal development, researching, journalistic writing, etc.). Must possess strong editing and proofreading skills, have keen attention to detail, and have an ability to handle pressured situations, including the flexibility and focus to execute last minute, accurate changes to content. Must be very dependable and possess exceptional customer service skills and a can-do attitude.
- Prepares, researches, and writes complaint, persuasive proposal content for assigned sections, including qualifications, resumes, project management plans (and subsidiary plans), solution/system architecture, implementation plans, executive summaries, business continuity, diversity and inclusion
- Conceptually understands implementation and development lifecycles to author articulate and cohesive narratives in accordance with RFP requirements
- Uses journalistic techniques to interview technical subject matter experts, research, and gather pertinent information to integrate in proposal
- Integrates strategic elements – win themes, key messaging, differentiators and competitive intelligence – into proposal narrative, producing cohesive, client-centric, compliant and responsive content
- Collaborates closely with the content management team to regularly share material that can be repurposed for future repeatable use
- Achieves a 100%, on-time proposal response rate, including both internal and proposal team deadlines
- Champion of deadline adherence from SMEs and other proposal inputs
- Actively engages in all relevant meetings (kickoff, solution, status)
- Presents all assignments with exceptional proofreading and content validation completed
- Reviews, proofreads and edits other writer proposal sections as assigned
- Develops operational, administrative, and technical knowledge resulting in high scoring and compelling proposals
- Takes on increasingly challenging technological and operational sections
- Proactively engages in proposal center excellence and quality initiatives
- Completes self-directed and company administered training for continuous writing and process improvement
- Engages in ongoing research to grow knowledge of company, line of business, and industry
Mentors junior writers
- Writes multiple proposals simultaneously
- Participates in and applies proposal training as both an active teacher and student
- Adheres to Conduent’s style guide and brand standards
- Creates a positive work environment, demonstrates a professional attitude, and meets established goals and responsibilities while working in cooperation with colleagues
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education, Skills, And Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in English, Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or related discipline
- Experience working with proposals in the transportation industry (roadway usage charging, curbside management, public safety and enforcement, transit and fares, CAD/AVL) is highly preferred
- Well-documented verbal and written communication skills required
- Technical understanding of AI-based platforms, government transactional systems, technical solution concepts, and software development and management cycles required
- Fluent in Microsoft Word
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office (O365) suite
- Willingness to work extended hours when needed
- Experience in SharePoint and proposal and content management platforms preferred
- Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) involvement and/or certifications is a plus
Proficiency in MS Project is a plus
- Please note: This is a remote position. The candidate must live in the United States. Capability to routinely engage in video conferencing via home internet, and a home office with a suitable writing environment is required.
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law.
People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the “Submit” button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form. You may also click here to access Conduent’s ADAAA Accommodation Policy.