Hotel Chocolat has built a strong position as the UK’s favourite premium chocolate brand, and we’re now expanding into new product categories, new sales channels and new markets in the USA, Japan and beyond!
To support our ambitious growth plans, we’re looking for a Senior PR Manager to join our Marketing team.
As Senior PR Manager you will be accountable for Hotel Chocolat’s consumer and corporate press relationships and leading the PR team. You will nurture a strong industry network, increasing awareness and building brand affinity by developing and executing effective communication and media relations programs. In addition, this role is responsible for working with media partners and producers to create deeper broadcast story-telling opportunities through a range of opportunities such as documentaries, features and podcasts. We are a brand with so many amazing stories to tell and you will be at the heart of this.
SHOW US HOW ITS DONE
- Lead and motivate the PR team running the press office for Hotel Chocolat, managing media enquiries and interview requests.
- Develop the annual PR communications plan including goals, budget and tactics to deliver key business and brand objectives.
- Develop media relations, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media.
- Coordinate all public relations activities including crisis management.
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within consumer and industry media.
- Create content for press releases, press events, articles, and presentations.
- Define a measurement framework to monitor, analyse and communicate PR results monthly.
- Build relationships with thought leaders to grow brand and industry awareness.
- Maintain a keen understanding of trends affecting the brand and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication plans surrounding them.
- Build relationships with media partners and producers to evaluate and secure broadcast story-telling opportunities for Hotel Chocolat.
- Work with the CEOs of our international markets to share best practice, knowledge, and assets.
WHO YOU ARE & WHAT YOU HAVE
- Experience leading, coaching, and developing a team.
- Proven track record of designing and executing successful national PR plans for a well-known consumer brand.
- Strong relationships with both local and national consumer and industry media outlets, journalists, and influencers.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews.
- Event planning experience.
- Creative thinker.
- Demonstrable commercial acumen and budget management.
- PR experience in international markets including USA and Japan
WORKING AT HOTEL CHOCOLAT
You’ll play a vital role within a constantly evolving company, in a friendly and energetic workplace. Every single person who works for us has the opportunity to study for our highly respected Chocolate Diploma. Staff perks include an unlimited 50% discount on all our products, as well as 70% off the rate card price for you and your guests when you stay at the Hotel Chocolat – our hideaway on the paradise island of Saint Lucia, set among the cocoa trees of our historic Rabot Estate.