About the job
Maven (maven.io) is a best-in-class technology platform empowering premium publishers who impact, inform, educate and entertain. Maven operates the media businesses for Sports Illustrated and TheStreet, and powers over 300 brands including History, Maxim, and Biography. Maven is publicly traded under the ticker symbol MVEN.
Sports Illustrated is seeking a Senior Podcast Producer to lead the development and production of a flagship sports news podcast. The show will feature and highlight SI’s high-impact sports reporting. It will seek to bring the unique brand of storytelling that Sports Illustrated has been known for throughout its long history to the audio format. This role will work closely with SI writers and editors, as well as the Executive Producer of Audio, to create episodes that elevate the sports conversation in audio.
The Senior Producer will be someone who can take ownership over every part of the creative and production process: from story selection, to guest booking, to scripting narration, to remote/field/studio recording, to editing, to coordinating with and/or leading other producers, editors, journalists, engineers, and so on. We are looking for somebody with organization, drive and an eagerness to flex their creative muscles. The role reports to the Executive Producer of Audio and Podcasts. All work is currently remote. In-person work in LA or NY may eventually be required.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and 3-5 recent audio samples including a clear explanation of your contribution and process on each.
- Work with host, journalists, editors and others across the organization to generate story ideas
- Work with Executive Producer on continued development of the show
- Cultivate an audio storytelling style that fits the Sports Illustrated brand
- Record interviews remotely, in-studio, or in the field when required
- Write clear and creative audio narration
- Edit and mix episodes in Adobe Audition, Pro Tools, or other similar software
- Work with engineer and/or composer on sound design and scoring
- Supervise and delegate tasks to other producers or freelancers
- Create marketing and promotional content to support the show
- A strong storytelling instinct
- The desire to reinvent the sports news podcast
- Samples that showcase high level creative and production work, and the ability to clearly explain your contribution and process
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Experience leading a small team of producers
- A drive to be in constant pursuit of higher quality outcomes and more efficient workflows
- Expertise in Adobe Audition, Pro Tools, or other similar software
- 5+ years working experience in audio, media, journalism, or a related field
- Experience creating compelling audio stories on a regular schedule is a must
- Experience in news or sports is a plus
Snapshot of Benefits
- Medical, Dental and, Vision Coverage
- Retirement Savings Plan (401K)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Commuter Benefits
- Reimbursement for business cell phone use per company policy
- Employee Stock Option Plan (Publicly Traded Company – MVEN)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 12 Paid Holidays
Maven is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive and innovative environment. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.