About the job
G/O Media is the publisher of the web’s most original media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Deadspin, Jezebel, Jalopnik, The Root, The Onion and The A.V. Club, and reaches over 120 million unique visitors a month—more than one-third of all Americans. We connect with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling, we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about.
About The Role
We’re looking for an experienced, ambitious reporter who specializes in politics and thrives in a fast-paced news environment. The right candidate will be prolific, and equally passionate about writing short, funny blog posts and reporting out feature stories on topics ranging from reproductive rights to gender discrimination to violence against women. They should be eager to pick up the phone and expand their source base, and comfortable writing about politics and power. Strong writing skills, a clear and authoritative voice, a thick skin, and a sense of humor are all requisites. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a willingness to take on ambitious assignments, powerful figures, and complicated stories.
The Ideal Candidate Will
Who You Should Be
- Have multiple years of experience reporting about gender politics and on politicians;
- Be capable of turning around stories ranging from aggregated news blogs to investigative features at a quick pace;
- Be comfortable reporting on the road;
- Be familiar with the Jezebel voice and audience
- G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment, and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQIA+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences, and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.
This is a position covered under the collective bargaining agreement with the WGA-E.
This position can be based out of either New York, NY or Chicago, IL.