About the job
At GoFreight, we’re redefining the future of freight forwarding and growing our team of product leaders to define and build on our vision of empowering global freight forwarders to compete and thrive in the digital era.
We are looking for a seasoned Content Writer to be responsible for authoring a wide variety of content to support GoFreight’s Marketing team’s initiatives specifically around Demand/Lead Generation. This role will be responsible for connecting GoFreight’s products and services to the company’s mission and core values through a variety of creative works. This role will closely collaborate with Marketing, Sales, Product, and Customer Experience to ensure that all marketing content is accurate, compelling, and engaging–and that this content draws the target audience in and inspires action.
- Drive Marketing’s content strategy focuses primarily on how best to increase demand generation, pipeline, and awareness.
- Become a product and industry expert, and translate this knowledge into a comprehensive and effective content strategy.
- Understand our customers intimately to understand what content will be the most compelling, what formats will be the most effective, and what channels will produce the best results.
- Research, craft, and manage original and engaging short- and long-form content from a customer-centric perspective including ads, blog posts, case studies, infographics, landing pages, newsletters, presentations, videos, and webinars; that help move prospective customers through the buyer’s journey.
- Be a key partner to the Sales, Product, and Customer Experience teams by establishing a content plan for reaching prospective customers and ensuring this plan is in line with the overall Marketing team’s content strategy & direction.
- Ensure that the website is actively and continuously refined to ensure clear sales message.
- Create daily, weekly, and monthly social media content to support lead-generation goals.
- Work with appropriate internal teams to identify metrics and craft dashboard(s) to measure the effectiveness of campaigns and content.
- Revise content written by others to ensure key objectives are met and that the company voice and brand tone are consistent and on point.
- BS/BA Degree
- 2+ years of content generation experience (B2B Marketing, Sales, and/or SMB experience a plus)
- A strong, creative mind and the ability to connect business strategies to creative content.
- Ability to translate complex topics into clear, concise, and compelling stories to educate and inspire SMB decision-makers.
- Exceptional clarity of thought in communication and analysis.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work closely with designers to craft compelling and engaging content to convey key messages.
- Open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism, and able to incorporate any feedback into future work to deliver the best possible outputs.
- Comfortable with content strategy analysis.
- Goal/Results Oriented.
Nice to Haves:
- Mandarin-speaking a plus
- Experience with SMB customers
- Experience with hyper-growth startups
A portfolio demonstrating skill in original content creation/storytelling and editing abilities across an array of media (Please provide a link to your portfolio when submitting the application).
Stock options paid holidays, unlimited vacation/sick time, 401(k), paid parental leave, affordable premium health insurance options, FSA, and the flexibility to work from home. We value work-life harmony and believe that family and mental health should always come first.
About the Industry
There are 300K freight forwarders globally, generating over 220B in revenue – with 100K in the US – enabling a $10B market for software. GoFreight aims to change the status quo and enable freight forwarders with better technologies than the digital-native competitors in the near future.
GoFreight, the leading all-in-one freight forwarding software company, is a venture-funded, cloud-based solution that consolidates the complexities of running a freight forwarding business
from quotation, to shipment booking, forwarding operation, security filing, visibility, customer-facing application, billing, accounting, finance, and processing payments — all onto a single platform. We help our freight forwarder customers grow their revenue, scale their business, and streamline their entire operation with simple, easy-to-use software. We’ve raised $25+ million in venture capital following a recent Series A funding round led by Silicon Valley, Los Angeles, and Asia venture capital firms.