Unlike many other banks and financial services competitors, the Senior Business Analyst role at Capital One truly sits at the center of finance, data, product and technology. As a Senior Business Analyst within Capital One’s Commercial Bank, you’ll work closely with senior leaders, technologists and partner teams across the enterprise to develop data and technology driven insights to our business’s most pressing issues.
This Senior Business Analyst role sits within our Capital Markets Marketing & Analytics team, which works closely with Capital Markets stakeholders to provide monitoring, analytics, and strategic insight for Capital Markets leadership. As a Senior Analyst in the role, you will learn about what makes the Capital Markets business tick, help identify ways to grow Capital Markets revenue, and support leaders in managing the business.
What is most notable about this role is the variety of analytical projects and stakeholders you will interact with on a day-to-day basis. The job will constantly involve improving our data quality and collection, enhancing the way we report and visualize this data, and analyzing the data to develop strategic insights and drive financial impact on the business. In addition to the front line business itself, Senior Business Analysts will frequently work with Data, Software Engineering, Product, Finance, Credit, and Portfolio Management & Underwriting teams. The insights gained from these projects are highly valued by senior leaders throughout the enterprise. Examples of recent projects include:
- Developing recommendations to leadership on whether to enter a new business market and go-to-market strategies
- Evaluating external market data to determine our effectiveness in capturing client deal opportunities
- Creating a robust analytical framework for evaluating bank performance in an economic downturn
- Analyzing historical market, pricing, and risk trends to guide future strategic priorities
- Working with software engineers and product managers to develop a digital tool to evaluate and optimize the profitability of client relationships
- Automating data reporting tools and visualizations to better guide Underwriters, Relationship Managers, and Senior business leader
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
Hires are expected to be inventive problem-solvers comfortable addressing ambiguous questions, executing sophisticated analyses and presenting recommendations to senior leaders. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Strategic & analytic orientation: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on data analysis
Product: Develop and implement new product and business strategies for various solutions, including Commercial Lending, Pricing & Valuations, Capital Markets, Treasury Management and Deposit Services, and Corporate Credit Cards
Credit Risk: Drive step-change improvements in credit performance by connecting drivers of future commercial credit trends to historical behavior, creating risk models, and testing hypotheses using rigorous monitoring and analysis
Marketing: Build targeted insights to inform the design and development of new customer experiences, as well as breakthrough technology and concepts designed to deliver on new go-to-market strategies
Strong executive communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
Learning Agility: Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment. This includes an eagerness to pick up new skills including SQL, Python, R, and Tableau.
Clear results orientation: Display an intense focus on achieving both short- and long-term goals. Be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 1 year of experience in analysis
- Master’s Degree
- 1+ years of experience in Statistical model building
- 1+ years of experience in market research
- 2+ years of experience in analysis
- 1+ years of experience in consulting
- 1+ years of experience in SQL querying
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.