About The Role
We are seeking a Senior Accountant, Financial Reporting to support the Technical Accounting and SEC Reporting team.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Coordinate the preparation and review of internal financial reporting packages, including monthly packages for senior management and the Board of Directors
- Partner with business operations to conduct analyses on performance variances and clearly communicate the findings verbally and in writing
- Recommend improvements to processes used to compile and analyze data for internal and SEC reporting purposes
- Be a key contributor in the preparation and review of all external reporting documents, including Forms 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K and Annual Proxy Statement
- Responsible for the preparation of analysis for Management’s Discussion & Analysis (MD&A) included in each annual or quarterly report
- Coordinate or prepare disclosure support, review and ensure that all SEC filings are in compliance with SEC rules and GAAP
- Interpret accounting guidance, develop and document Company positions for complex accounting transactions, including communicating conclusions and interpretations to management
- Assist in the Company’s adoption of recently issued accounting standards
- Lead or participate in special projects as assigned
What We’ll Want You To Have
- Bachelors or Masters’s degree in Accounting or Finance, Accounting preferred
- Active CPA license or ability and willingness to sit for the CPA exam
- 5+ years experience in public company financial reporting or a mix of public company financial reporting/public accounting
- Previous experience with senior management/board financial reporting, including variance analysis
- Previous experience with SEC filings for a public company preferred
- In-depth knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting requirements preferred
- Strong attention to detail and analytical/problem-solving skills
- Ability to apply critical thinking in identifying, assessing and resolving accounting issues
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities demanding both rigorous attention to detail and high-level comprehensive solutions
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong interpersonal, organization and communication skills
- Previous experience with Workiva Wdesk and Oracle Hyperion preferred
- Stay up to date on everything Blackbaud, follow us on Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube
Blackbaud is a remote-first company that embraces a flexible remote work culture. Blackbaud supports hiring and career development for all roles from the location you are in today!
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.