Full Job Description
Telophase is seeking a Science Writer to engage the broad public in NASA’s Earth science mission. The Science Writer will develop Earth Sciences feature stories and associated digital and social media content with a concentration on Goddard Space Flight Center, including work related to Goddard flight projects such as PACE and Landsat 9. The contractor will contribute Goddard-related content to NASA-wide Earth-themed communications campaigns, and work with the Goddard Office of Communications to help craft and deploy strategic communications in support of Goddard’s goals and priorities. The Science Writer will collaborate with scientists to translate technical content for public consumption.
- Develop written web and digital content for Goddard Earth science missions and field campaigns, as needed, assist with printed material, brochures, fact sheets, lithographs, reference documents, and conference exhibits.
- Develop Earth Science feature stories with concentration on Goddard Space Flight Center, including GPM, Landsat, PACE, ICESat-2. Develop web content and social media for Goddard sites as well as press releases and articles based on Goddard Earth Science Mission activities, research and development.
- Work closely with a video producer funded by Goddard’s Earth Sciences Division to ensure that Goddard’s science is well represented in HQ-led communications campaigns with written and social media content.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Science journalism
- strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to relate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- A background in Earth Science or Earth Science journalism is desired.
- Ability to work with relatively little supervision, and work effectively as part of a team.
- At least 2 years’ experience writing about science is required.
- Experience working with news media.
- US Citizenship or green card is required.
- As an Equal Opportunity Employer, it is Telophase’s policy to recruit, hire, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.
Job Type: Full-time