About the job
GR0 seeks a creative and fast-moving Reporter Outreach Writer to join us as an independent contractor. As a Reporter Outreach Writer, you will craft well-written responses to journalist queries on behalf of our clients.
This role answers business, marketing, and general questions, providing quotable responses for use in online articles. Common questions include, “What is your favorite productivity hack?” or “What is the best online marketing channel?”
You will represent various innovative B2B and DTC brands ranging from health and fitness to fashion, cosmetics, CBD, technology, and more. We need someone who is highly adaptable and can write quick, clean copy at a superior standard for brands across multiple industries with varying voices and priorities.
The Reporter Outreach Writer opportunity is associated with a compensation structure that is as follows: 1st month: $30 per hour/20 hours per week, 2nd month: $20 per hour/20 hours plus half commission per link acquisition, 3rd month: full commission per link acquisition.
If writing is your forte and you are self-driven, organized, and extremely communicative, come join GR0’s rapidly expanding team!
What you’ll do:
- Source relevant journalist queries from Reporter Outreach platforms and craft accurate, timely written responses.
- Research business, marketing, and general interest topics to stay current with the latest industry news and trends.
- Develop a deep understanding of each client and adapt your writing style to meet their brand, their voice, and their products.
- Support Account Managers to manage clients as required.
- Onboard new clients, paying careful attention to their brand voice and goals.
- Track and record responses in Notion to ensure you and the Reporter Outreach team stay organized and informed.
What you’ll bring:
- Experience in journalism, copywriting, or content writing is highly recommended.
- Demonstrable ability to quickly write clean, quotable copy—portfolio preferred.
- An understanding of brand voice, client satisfaction, and how to be flexible to meet the expectations of different clients.
- A willingness to learn about many different industries and business trends.An aptitude for learning, understanding, and clearly explaining new concepts.
- Knowledge of SEO or Notion CMS is a plus.
Who you are:
- You have a deep passion for all things words, and you can write powerful, persuasive, and captivating sound bites.
- You can create regular content, consistently produce high-quality work, and hit deadlines even when under pressure.
- You have an impeccable work ethic and drive, and you are highly self-motivated.
- You’re naturally creative and inquisitive, and you enjoy experimenting with new ideas.
- You can quickly learn new processes and technologies and implement them in your career.
- You’re an enthusiastic and ambitious go-getter who is excited to become a central part of a growing team with endless opportunities.
What does the contractor selection process entail?
- Stage 1 (Application) – This initial step in the process should take you no more than 30 minutes total. After you submit your application, our talent recruitment team will review and reach out to candidates.
- Stage 2 (Take-Home Interview) – Replacing a video interview, we will send you a relevant set of questions and exercises, which we expect will take about 20 minutes to complete.
- Stage 3 (Hiring Manager Interview) – Your first video interview will be with, Daniela Wojciechowska & Gerald Lombardo, our Reporter Outreach Team Leads, to gauge your potential to excel in the role and your chance to clarify expectations with the GR0 employees you’ll be working most closely with.
- Stage 4 (CEO Connect) – The last conversation of the interview process is always a chance for you to connect with our fearless leader and CEO, Kevin Miller.
- Stage 5 (Offer) – If a #GR0mance has brewed, we will make you a competitive independent contractor offer and hope you’ll accept!
What’s in it for you:
- A Unique Opportunity to work for a rapidly growing company alongside next-level talent in a respectful, inclusive, diverse, and inspiring environment. #GR0Together
- Hybrid Work Environment – You can choose how you work best, whether in the office, at home, or both. Our remote-first culture, internal comms, and tech stack promote collaboration, communication, and camaraderie!
- Community Impact – GR0 is committed to supporting the communities where we work and live by partnering with local charitable organizations to give back in various ways.
GR0 is a digital marketing and SEO agency, getting companies to rank #1 on Google. We help our clients build powerful online brands, expand their audience, and rapidly scale through organic growth. GR0 has won several awards recently, including:
- “Best Place to Work in Los Angeles in 2021” (Comparably)
- “Best Company for Career Growth” (Comparably)
- “Best Leadership Teams 2021” (Comparably)
- “Best CEOs for Women 2021” (Comparably)
- “Fastest-Growing Company of the Year” (The 19th Annual American Business Awards)
Our CEO, Kevin Miller won “Top CEO 2021” (GlassDoor)
We put our people above all else. We promote an environment that celebrates our diversity, fosters openness and fairness, and encourages conversations around what makes us different and unique. We’re an equal opportunity employer, so you’re welcome and valued here no matter what you look like, where you’re from, what gender you identify with, or anything else that distinguishes you from someone else. We do not hire based on these attributes, but on your suitability to the role and our company.