About the job
Are you a total news junkie? Do you want to cover breaking & enterprise news in a rapidly changing news landscape like the Twin Cities? KARE 11, the NBC-affiliate in Minneapolis is currently seeking a MORNING SHOW Multi-Skilled Journalist who knows the art of storytelling both on digital and on-air platforms to join our exciting & groundbreaking AM newscast. The ideal candidate will be able to shoot, write, edit, and produce with the mindset that we are a ‘digital-first’ newsroom.
In This Role, You Will
- Enterprise and bring unique stories to the table.
- Write, shoot, and edit your pieces in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner.
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
- Develop original content through social listening and independent sources.
- Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner.
- Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility.
- Develop sources that allow you to break stories.
- Operate news gathering vehicle to and from various locations.
- Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media.
- Write for the web, including attaching images and streaming video.
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
- Perform other tasks as required by a manager.
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- 3-5 years of experience preferred
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
- Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- A portfolio with examples of strong storytelling
- Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics a plus
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is a media company innovating in the digital age. Our purpose is to serve the greater good of our communities – through empowering stories, impactful investigations and innovative marketing services.
As one of the most geographically diverse broadcasters in the U.S., TEGNA is a best-in-class operator with 62 television stations (including those serviced by TEGNA) and four radio stations in 51 markets from coast to coast. We are the largest owner of Big Four affiliates in the top 25 markets and reach 41.7 million television households, or 39 percent of all TV households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults across our digital platforms. Across Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, TEGNA stations have over 31 million social followers.
TEGNA produces trusted, impactful and innovative content across platforms. We tell stories that matter, are an advocate for those in need and help bring positive change to our communities. Our award-winning journalists have been recognized with numerous national honors including Edward R. Murrow, Alfred I. duPont, George Foster Peabody, George Polk, Walter Cronkite and Emmy awards.
TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks, Justice Network and Quest, which offer unique ad-supported programming. Justice Network is focused on the popular true-crime, mystery and investigation genre, while Quest features factual-entertainment programs such as science, history, and adventure-reality series.
TEGNA also provides local and national partners custom, targeted and innovative campaigns through TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS). TMS is a one-stop shop that helps businesses thrive through an unmatched suite of services and solutions that reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service.
In everything we do, we are driven by our strongly held values and our stated purpose to serve the greater good of our communities.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
- Electronic News Production Systems
Reporter Minneapolis,Mn Reporter, Minneapolis,Mn
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now! Join Our Talent Network!