About the job
CIO Dive seeks an experienced Reporter who can contribute to the prolific and complex role of today’s technology leaders. This will include reporting out breaking news briefs, articles and in-depth features that analyze the trends and issues affecting chief information officers in the U.S. You will own your beat by cultivating relationships with key stakeholders and monitoring trends, news and industry developments, as well as pitching original stories. You will also have some regular editing responsibilities.
You will cultivate a beat, learn about the trends CIOs care about most, manage social media strategy, assist in planning and executing big projects, interview newsmakers, develop relationships with key industry sources and experts, chase down important stories and collaborate with your team.
The position reports to the Managing Editor.
What You Can Bring To The Table
- A proven track record of reporting and writing business stories, involving one or more of the core topics: business technology strategy, cloud, data and AI.
- Ability and proven track record of delivering scoops and exclusive news.
- Experience pitching to and working collaboratively with an editor.
- Ability to quickly take ownership of specific beats through original reporting and source building.
- An aptitude for shaping B2B news stories, including through the use of public financial filings or source documents and public records requests.
- Experience writing web headlines and copy editing content.
- Strong digital news knowledge and aptitude.
- Deadline-oriented time-management skills.
- Ability to work with a fast-paced, dynamic team that publishes multiple audience-specific newsletters each week.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in journalism, English or similar field.
- Experience level: 3+ years at a minimum, strong preference for direct experience in one or more of the areas of enterprise technology, cloud, software or AI.
What You’ll Do
- Work with the CIO Dive team to produce daily and weekly newsletters — reporting, writing and editing in a collaborative fashion.
- Pitch and cover breaking news in the industry while conceiving and executing longer analytical pieces and projects.
- Identify key industry storylines we can own and help establish and execute on long-term goals for the publication.
- Show versatility in writing for different audiences, or in different formats.
- Use Google Analytics or other analytics-monitoring tools to help inform our content strategy.
Not all candidates will check all of the requirements listed above, and that’s OK — we still want to hear from you. Industry Dive strives to provide an inclusive and welcoming environment, and applicants who belong to traditionally underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Industry Dive is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
If you feel comfortable doing so please feel free to note which pronouns you use in your application (for example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, ze/zir/zirs, etc.)
Industry Dive will not be able to sponsor applicants for work visas.
About Industry Dive
Industry Dive is a leading business journalism company. More than 11 million decision-makers across 20 competitive industries rely on its exclusive insight and analysis delivered through 23 publications. Industry Dive was founded in 2012 to provide business leaders with the information they need to move industries forward. Our team of reporters, editors, designers, and marketers delivers insights and programs that spark innovation, fuel growth and shape agendas in every industry we cover.