About the job
The Epoch Times is seeking reporters to cover local, national and international beats. The ideal candidate should be grounded in ethical journalism, committed to seeking out and developing sources, stories and leads, able to fearlessly and tirelessly seeking the truth, and driven to produce the best reporting in the field.
- Produce original beat coverage for a national audience by conducting interviews, seeking out source documents, reporting in the field, and more
- Follow major stories within a beat closely and be prepared, including through pre-writing, to rapidly cover breaking developments
- Bring fresh ideas for coverage to the table on a daily basis
- Develop a pipeline of feature stories to be reported and crafted over time
- Travel to attend events and hearings, conduct on the ground reporting and interview sources
- Take photographs
- Attend department training and seminars
- Five years of experience as a professional reporter
- Clear and concise writing following the AP Style Guide and the AP Guide to News Writing
- Strong narrative skills for feature writing; ability to tell complex stories in an accessible and engaging format
- Acumen for analyzing data, reports and trends
- Flexibility to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Send your resume, a cover letter, and three samples of your news writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.