About the job
Arizent’s mission is to advance professional communities across a variety of today’s most transformational industries, including Financial Services. We do this by uncovering powerful ideas, rallying industry leaders around them, and benchmarking their progress. Our services include the distribution of powerful content across print and digital channels, as well as making meaningful connections through our live events and peer networks.
Our company has entered an exciting new chapter following a major brand refresh, the launch of some key products and services as well as the arrival of some high-profile new team members. We are looking for creative thinkers with the skills to bring our vision to life across a variety of critical roles. If you’re interested in an organization that combines a storied 150-year legacy with a start-up mentality, we invite you to get to know us at www.arizent.com
About the position
We are seeking an experienced business reporter to join the team at Financial Planning, our award-winning wealth management publication. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of personal finance and how Wall Street works. Essential skills include the ability to break news as well as write longer analytical and feature stories on the most important trends in the world of financial advice.
- Develop ongoing beat coverage in the wealth management industry
- Cultivate sources and generate enterprise story ideas
- Report and break news on a tight deadline
- Research and write at least one news article a day
- Research and write two enterprise features per month
- Work closely with editors and other colleagues in multiple coverage areas
- Attend industry conferences (as needed)
Reporters for Financial Planning are expected to contribute to and participate in all channels and platforms through which we engage our readers. Those activities include:
- Create social media posts on a daily basis
- Participate in digital media, including podcasts, web seminars, and video interviews
- Participate in live and virtual events hosted by Financial Planning and other Arizent brands
- Represent Financial Planning in other media, at industry events, and in other public contexts
Competitive candidates will have the following attributes:
- A passion for business reporting, ideally with demonstrated experience covering wealth management, personal finance or Wall Street
- 3-8 years of experience in reporting, preferably in a breaking news environment
- Ability to write with clarity, insight, and depth in a timely manner
- A track record of working well under tight deadlines
- A sharp eye for what makes a compelling news story
- A strong understanding of how to generate scoops
- Proficiency in all the tools of a digital newsroom (CMS, audio and video recording and editing, digital photography and editing, data analysis)
- Experience and confidence participating in digital media and other public forums, and moderating panels at conferences
- A degree in journalism or a related field is a plus
Work Location: In New York City or fully remote.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Our extensive offerings include medical, dental and vision coverage; disability and life insurance, paid time off, a 401k program; a pretax transportation payment program and a fitness reimbursement program.
Arizent complies with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit discrimination because of age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest records, unemployment status or any other protected category