CBS Television Stations consists of 28 CBS-owned stations in 17 major U.S. markets, as well as the stations’ digital properties. The portfolio of stations includes 15 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates.
The station group’s properties also include CBSN Local, a joint initiative with CBS Interactive that features direct-to-consumer streaming news services in the markets where the Company has local news organizations. CBS Television Stations’ premium local content is also distributed to consumers by the group’s websites and mobile applications.
CBS4 in Miami has an opening for a General Assignment Reporter. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Act as field producer and supervise cameraperson.
- Capture news in person and via telephone.
- Write news scripts for broadcast and copy. Assist in other areas relating to production of newscasts.
- Develop specific editing instructions for video tape editors.
- Supply character generator operator with information for news reports.
- Develop and maintain news sources in community and suggest story ideas to assignment desk.
- Do live reports from field or studio.
- Provide notes, agendas, minutes and other documents to include in clipping file.
- Assist other reporters with transfer of information.
Minimum of 3 years television reporting experience, including live reporting, series work and spot news reporting. We are looking for an applicant with working knowledge of libel, slander and personal attack laws and an understanding of computer systems in the newsroom.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies, we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access it. https://www.viacomcbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.