For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are currently seeking a Report Assistant for our Spencerville, OH faciltiy. The Reprt Assistant would assist with publishing scientific data tables and establishing the framework of reports. Develop the Introduction and Methods sections of Draft Reports for Charles River Laboratories, Safety Assessment studies. Perform electronic report compilation of assigned studies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in generating scientific data tables and establish the framework for reports.
- Draft the Introduction and Methods sections of study reports, with guidance. Participate in the creation of Materials and Methods and Summary sections of reports, with guidance.
- Perform electronic report compilation of assigned studies.
- Ensure that all protocol and amendment requirements are met with respect to final report data.
- Keep current with changing technology.
- Input electronically transferred data from available resources as necessary.
- Compile documents into draft and final integrated reports.
- Participate in pre-study meetings as assigned.
- Perform all other related duties as assistat
Education: Associate’s degree (A.A./A.S.) in journalism, computer science, business administration or related discipline. Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S). in biological sciences, computer science, business administration, or related discipline preferred,
Experience: 0 to 1 year related experience in a GLP environment and/or scientific data presentation, writing, editing, proofreading and publishing.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
Other: Proficient with spreadsheet, database, and publishing software (e.g. MS Excel®, Word®, and Adobe® Acrobat® PDF software). Strong written, verbal, and analytical skills. Familiar with medical terminology. Familiar with preclinical study protocols/reports preferred. Familiarity with Provantis™ system and/or Nevis preferred.
ABOUT SAFETY ASSESMENT
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 300 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.