KRDO RADIO is seeking a Radio Anchor for their afternoon live news program that is highly motivated, skilled and creative individual to join our staff and host the market’s only live, local, afternoon news program. We are located in beautiful Colorado Springs, along the front range of the Colorado Rockies. If Colorado sounds like a place you want to work, here’s your chance.
The ideal candidate will be able to develop ideas, have strong on-air presence and be excellent storyteller. Possess strong live reporting skills. Must be able to write and deliver news, promos and stay in touch with the Southern Colorado community issues. Must be able to effectively liaison with the TV news department to coordinate and win in team coverage situations. We are looking for someone who sets the tone with credible journalism, can develop a connection with our listeners and create memorable moments in our radio newscasts. You must have a winning attitude and want to compete for the “big story” every day.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, political science, economics, telecommunications, or communications is strongly preferred.
- 4 years’ experience anchoring and reporting regularly scheduled newscasts in a commercial broadcast radio and/or TV facility.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have a pleasing personality and voice.
- Digital audio editing skills.
- Knowledge of video editing preferred, but not required
- Needs to be creative, inquisitive and good interpersonal communication skills with everyone including coworkers and general public when gathering the news.
- Be willing and able to participate in community activities and other public events.
- Be an avid news consumer, both local and national. Should regularly listen, watch and read news on radio, TV and the Internet.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Please include radio reel.
- Successful candidates must pass a drug test and background check.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
NewsChannel 13 is an Equal Opportunity Employer