Public Relations Manager
We are looking for a public relations professional who is passionate about maximizing visibility and positive PR for SCORR clients. You’ll be working with companies in the health science space – many of whom are working with their clients to help bring life-changing therapies and products to patients who need them. You’ll need a nose for news and a knack for connecting with editors and publications. You’ll be counted on to help formulate strategies and then execute plans with precision. Talk to us about the chance to work with a team of 60+ passionate health science marketing pros who love to deliver creative solutions for our clients!
- Manage public relations (PR) strategy and activities for SCORR clients and SCORR
- Develop and implement publicity strategies for client’s events, products, and services, including a crisis management strategy
- Develop and implement internal communication strategies for clients, including a crisis management strategy
- Create and manage PR plans, including budgets, timelines, etc.
- Contribute to communication plan creation and execution, awards, and memberships
- Contribute to critical event plan creation, specifically M&A, IPO, and other public/financial events
- Work collaboratively with the other SCORR departments to identify and secure speaking opportunities and analyze ROI
- Work with the content and social media teams to create/maintain content calendars
- Pitch to editors of publications and news outlets
- Review press releases for newsworthiness and headlines
- Manage press release drops via Business Wire and SCORR proprietary list
- Maintain and update editor contact database in HubSpot
- A bachelor’s degree in media and communications, public relations, English, journalism, marketing, or related field.
- Two to four years of experience in the public relations field – the Public Relations Manager should have a track record of producing press releases, earned media, and other publicity material. They should be familiar with creating public relations plans and implementing them successfully.
- In-depth knowledge of public relations best practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Superior client management skills
- An analytical mind and problem-solving skills
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in the use of word processing software tools; familiarity with Cision (media monitoring) and HubSpot (CRM) is beneficial
- Scorr Marketing