About the job
Stand Together seeks a dynamic, flexible, and detail-focused Prospect Research Associate to join our team. The Prospect Research Associate provides critical support to the philanthropic community by performing in depth research on current and prospective donors to help expand our partnerships and inform effective engagement while utilizing data, creativity, and innovation to proactively identify new prospects for the donor pipeline.
Your Responsibilities Include
- Perform focused research regarding prospective and existing donors to capture and analyze wealth, capacity, and donor interest areas by utilizing Internet and subscription research databases and resources to locate, analyze, interpret, organize, and distribute actionable information regarding financial capacity and philanthropic propensity, including analyzing compensation, stock and option ownership, retirement plans, property transactions, alternative assets, and philanthropic interests
- Support prospect management and engagement efforts providing data, trend analysis, and prospect research knowledge to fundraisers to identify, research, and analyze new prospects and explore opportunities for expanding partnerships with existing or lapsed donors
- Synthesize research into organized reports to inform the appropriate outreach and communication approach and help prepare fundraisers to effectively engage with current and prospective donor partners
- Apply the ability to understand and translate prospects’ professional background and interests to how these align with Stand Together and its strategic initiatives
- Innovate and identify new research techniques, strategies, and sources
- Maintain guidelines and policies for accurate and ethical management of donor and prospect information
- Collaborate with different departments and colleagues to devise database enhancements, process improvements, and enhanced research and workflow techniques
Knowledge And Skills You Bring To The Organization
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of advancement research, development, fundraising, and/or market research experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, with demonstrated competencies in applied marketing research, marketing and/or financial analysis, library science, journalism, economics, business communications and/or similar fields considered
- Strong sense of curiosity and excellent attention to detail
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment, exhibiting self-reliance, dependability, trustworthiness, good listening skills, and an ability to form effective working partnerships with colleagues
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities, meeting challenging and evolving deadlines
- Superior interpersonal skills with proven ability to successfully interact and collaborate across an organization and teams
- High degree of professionalism, ethical sensitivity, confidentiality, and discretion; proven ability to apply good judgment and responsible decision-making
- Commitment to the organization’s vision
Standout Candidates May Also Bring
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems
- Understanding of and competency with the Association of Professional Researchers for Advancement (APRA) Basic and Advanced Skill Sets as written in the APRA Body of Knowledge
- Proven library, research and analytical techniques, emphasizing the ability to gather, evaluate and synthesize complex and data from various sources and present information in a clear and cohesive manner
Stand Together helps social entrepreneurs supercharge their efforts to help people improve their lives. We connect them with passionate partners and the resources necessary to make a greater difference.
Through our philanthropic community, we tackle some of the nation’s biggest challenges so that every person has the opportunity to realize their extraordinary potential.
Stand Together partners with people from diverse perspectives and backgrounds—including people in education, business, community non-profits, and public policy—to accomplish more together than any of us could on our own.
Working at Stand Together is different from many other organizations. We have a relentless commitment to a culture based on a business philosophy called Market Based Management® (MBM®). Informed by the principles that allow a free and open society to flourish, MBM® prepares individuals to innovate, improve, and transform while fostering a healthy, growing organization that creates long-term value for its clients and supporters and fulfillment for its employees.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees and applicants with honesty, dignity, respect and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of color, race, religion, religious creed, sex, gender or gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (including medical needs which may arise from pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), military and veteran status, genetic information, marital or familial status, political affiliation, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.