About the job
Why Join IEM?
We are a woman owned company in Emergency Management that embraces teamwork, collaboration, flexible performance, actionable solutions and integrity/ethics. Our work touches everyone. We produce results that matter. Results that save lives – join us while we build a safe, secure and resilient world.
IEMers believe in the greater good and it is our commitment to attract those who have excellent technical skills, creative minds and innovative ideas to keep propelling us forward.
IEM is searching for a Proposal Specialist. This position assists in the proposal development process by contributing various components to assigned bids. Tasks include, but are not limited to, writing, editing, formatting, compliance, forms, data call management, production, administrative activities, etc. Leads small, noncomplex proposals as assigned.
- Assist in proposal efforts of all sizes
- Monitor proposal component compliance with instructions and deadlines
- Responsible for timeliness and quality control for deliverables
- Work with existing templates and rough draft material and convert the data into high-impact content to strengthen the quality of the proposal
- Coordinate with subcontractors to ensure data calls are completed in a timely, accurate, and comprehensive manner
- Edit documents for grammar, style, and content
- Support production phases of project to ensure consistency, provide overall quality control, and compliance with proposal submission guidelines
- Perform component and document production to include formatting, proofing, printing, binding and preparing proposal documentation for shipment and review
- Perform other duties as assigned within the physical constraints of the job
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Critical thinking skills to analyze information and solve problems
- Willingness and ability to operate in deadline-driven environment
- Flexibility in the face of rapidly changing circumstances
- Ability to organize/prioritize/coordinate efforts in order to achieve results
- Strong writing and editing skills and ability to analyze, synthesize, and condense text
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word and proficient with OneNote, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Adobe Acrobat
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area (Business, Political Science, History, English, Communications, Creative Writing, Journalism, etc.)
- 0-2 years knowledge and past experience of the proposal process
- General knowledge of government processes
- Willingness to provide writing sample
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US
Never or N/A
Benefits And More
10 paid holidays
401 (K) plan with matching
Company-paid STD and LTD