About the job
Are you a talented storyteller who is passionate about ecosystem restoration, green infrastructure, and climate change solutions? Princeton Hydro is seeking a Proposal Manager and we’d love to have you join our Marketing and Communications team. Our firm provides integrated ecological and engineering consulting services throughout the Northeast with expertise in natural and aquatic resource management, water resources engineering, geosciences, and regulatory compliance. From concept to construction, we collaborate with clients to create resilient, sustainable, regenerative, and nature-based solutions to help meet their respective missions. The ideal candidate would thrive at promoting Princeton Hydro’s successes and services through proposals, marketing materials, conferences, and social media channels. While this role is initially based in our Sicklerville, NJ office, due to COVID-19, most work will likely be conducted remotely. However, the candidate must be available to travel to and work in the office when required. There may be opportunities to work in our Central New Jersey location in the future.
Qualified candidates must be willing to embrace our firm’s basic core values: integrity, creativity, endeavoring to be the best, fostering human potential, a positive working atmosphere, quality, and safety.
- Oversee proposal preparation for the firm including coordination with the technical team to develop scope of work, preparation of resumes and project summaries, completion of all necessary forms and requirements, quality control review, formatting, and submission
- Seek out new opportunities in Princeton Hydro’s core markets and geographical regions
- Keep all resumes, project summaries, and the statement of qualifications up to date.
- Develop, identify, and manage potential teaming partners
- Provide editorial review and quality control of technical documents
- Use of science communication and storytelling to showcase Princeton Hydro’s transformational work
- Manage, mentor, and train marketing/communications junior staff and interns
- Represent the firm to clients, peer organizations, and business associates
- Assist with programs to accomplish marketing-related aspects of the firm’s business plan
- Assist with any direct-mail programs or market research activities
- Bachelor Degree or Master Degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Environmental Communications, English, Environmental Studies, or a related field
- 5-7 years of relevant marketing/ communications/ public relations/ business development experience in the environmental or A/E/C field
- Strong technical and creative writing, and oral communication skills
- Persistence & effectiveness in coordination of proposal responses; ability to dissect/analyze RFP/Q requirements to identify compelling and compliant win and layout strategies
- Ability to work both independently and as a key component of our team
- Ability to prioritize and organize with high attention to detail, especially in copy editing and formatting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Photoshop
- Experience using video conferencing platforms (Zoom, WebEx, Google Meetup, etc) for organizing events or stakeholder meetings
- Actively involved in professional and community organizations, such as SMPS or SAME
Princeton Hydro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers work from home flexibility, a base salary commensurate with experience, health insurance, 401K retirement, paid vacations, and personal time off. However, there may be flexibility to work in our Central New Jersey office in the future. Consider a career move to our award-winning environmental company by submitting your resume and cover letter today!