Full Job Description
This is a temporary or an on-call position. Provides professional support. Responsibilities may include general business, science, medical, agricultural or other professional support functions. Term: Temps can work two (2) nine (9) month terms with a week break in service in between and at the end of the second term terminate for three (3) months or switch to an on-call. On-Call allowed to work 1039 hours in any twelve (12) month period.
Unit Position Summary
- Responsibilities but not limited to the list below:
- In working with a variety of on and off campus partners the Professional Aide may conduct the following:
- Event planning and implementation
- Technical writing (concept papers, website content, press releases)
- Facilitate and maintain electronic networking (i.e. webinars, listserv etc.)
- Conduct project research activities including survey design and analysis.
- Other duties as necessary to accomplish varied community and economic development projects.
- Candidates must have excellent writing skills, good time management and organizational skills, event planning, facilitate and maintain electronic networking, familiar with Microsoft and adobe software.
- Background in urban planning, community/economic development, community sustainability, political science, business, media/technology, finance, marketing and/or journalism is a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.