The NBC News and MSNBC team is seeking an experienced Producer with strong editorial judgment, a passion for news and politics, ability to work in a fast-paced news environment and experience producing narrative audio journalism. This is an ideal position for a seasoned producer to contribute to daily production needs as well as help drive the expansion of the podcast.
The producer will be expected to edit long-form interviews, perform research, pre-interview and book guests, manage scheduling, and work with the show’s host to develop the direction of the show. This position also requires that some work be done with minimal editorial supervision. The Producer must have top notch Pro Tools skills with the ability to address and correct for any technical curveballs. This is a chance to participate in an “audio first” culture within a new and growing unit.
Please include a cover letter and links to relevant work samples in your application.
- Helps guide shape and sound of episodes
- Contributes to editorial planning daily
- Consistently generates timely and well researched
- Initiates, plans and produces program material for that
- day’s episode and for future episodes
- Work closely on production tasks, write and edit scripts
- and edit sound and structure of episodes
- Collaborate with host to develop ideas, and successfully
- execute interviews and host tracking
- Willing to work on all aspects of audio production
- including recording, finding clips, editing, mixing, and
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Two years editing or equivalent experience
- Two or more years of experience reporting and
- Strong knowledge of politics and current events
- Understanding of journalistic ethics and best practices
- Experience editing podcasts or other audio journalism
- Technical expertise in ProTools and Apple computers
- Must be willing to work varied shifts as news changes
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects under
- Collaborative attitude and strong communication skills
Career Level: Experienced
City: New York
State/Province: New York
Country: United States
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.