TechTarget seeks a News Writer to cover enterprise collaboration and communication technologies for an audience of IT professionals. This reporter will write news stories and craft evergreen articles on deadline in a fast-paced environment, where independence and curiosity are deeply valued.
The writer will work with a news director to hone article ideas about emerging technology and trends for TechTarget’s sites. The writer will be expected to produce a minimum of three original stories per week, which should include context, commentary and analysis from trusted sources.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, deadline-oriented multi-tasker. He or she will have at least two years of experience in news or features reporting for an online, daily or weekly publication. Experience covering technology is a plus.
Essential Job Functions:
- Write news stories, sometimes breaking, that include context and original commentary from professional sources and industry experts;
- Write trends and feature stories;
- Produce clear, concise copy;
- Develop unique story ideas based on conversations with sources;
- Incorporate SEO and other online publishing best practices in each article;
- Attend live and online industry events related to the beat (travel required).
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- At least two years of reporting experience for an online, daily or weekly publication;
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or communications;
- A demonstrated understanding of news writing, journalism ethics and story structure;
- Strong writing and reporting skills;
- An ability to produce on deadline;
- Broad knowledge of the IT industry: segments, trends, major industry players;
- Ability to work in a team-oriented news environment;
TechTarget, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. TechTarget strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment. TechTarget complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.