Gaia is seeking a full-time News Producer who will be responsible for the day-to-day production of Gaia’s newscasts. In this position, you will determine the content and flow of newscasts, work with management, production staff, and on-air talent to research, write, and develop news content for the Gaia platform. This position needs to be skilled at setting up interviews as well as see through daily packages and news segments from preproduction to post.
Familiarity with and affinity for our content is a prerequisite to applying.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Solid news judgment
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts
- On the spot problem-solving skills
- The understanding of standard media practices for source checking
- Experience with filming in the studio and out in the field
- Ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Experience writing to video
This position will creatively collaborate and support multiple writers and producers. The ideal candidate will be a proven storyteller, highly organized, and apt at understanding tone and style as it relates to a story.
- Oversee and write daily/weekly production of streaming news packages
- Source content and on-screen elements
- Maintain editorial standards and organizational guidelines
- Collaborate with editors and writers
- Produce specials as required
- Shift may vary
- 4-year degree, preferable in journalism
- Must have 3 or more years of verifiable news experience
- Bilingual in English/French, English/Spanish, English/German preferred
- Active Gaia membership strongly preferred
- Strong affinity to our content
- Must be available to work in our campus in Louisville, Colorado
- US citizenship or US residency with an existing work permit is required
- More About Gaia
- Gaia exists as a transformational network to empower a global conscious community.
Gaia (Nasdaq: GAIA) is a publicly traded company in Louisville, Colorado. We offer global video streaming of over 8,000 original series, shows, films, documentaries, and practices for conscious living to our members in over 190 countries. Our vast video library serves as a vessel for the community we seek to empower. We are not a subscription service that streams whatever pays our bills. Our content goes deep into select niches of Seeking Truth, Transformation, Alternative Health and Yoga channels. We often cover subjects that other media companies won’t touch.
We expect you did explore Gaia’s library of original shows, documentaries, and films. If our work on ancient wisdom, who are we, our true history, coverups, and metaphysics resonates, you might be a good fit for Gaia. We seek to hire and inspire employees who embrace our mission to empower a global conscious community, who hope their work empowers our community of inspired members, to be a catalyst of transformation. The best work we do every day is to remember our vision is “to empower the evolution of consciousness.”
The perks of working collaboratively with a team dedicated to sharing this mission include an on-site gym; a beautiful solar-powered campus, complete with hiking and running trails, community garden, and a labyrinth; and an on-site, mostly organic café that serves breakfast and lunch daily including a full-service espresso bar featuring locally roasted coffee.
Full-time employees are offered alternative and traditional medical benefits including preventative coverage; as well as dental, vision, 401K, and life insurance.