About the job
The Real Deal is looking for an editor to help oversee its daily coverage. The editor will be responsible for assigning and editing daily stories, responding fast to breaking news and planning follow-up stories and larger features.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in covering money and power and a keen desire to learn how the industry brings together elements of politics, business, finance and law.
Experience editing real estate, politics or local news is a plus.
- Ability to juggle breaking news with daily editing assignments
- Familiarity with CMS publishing and web production
- Familiarity with Chartbeat, Google Analytics, Twitter and Facebook, with an eye toward making decisions factoring in reader engagement
- Understanding of SEO and similar content production best practices
- Knack for writing clever, catchy headlines
- Team player with positive, proactive, problem-solving attitude
- The vision to see groundbreaking stories in the real estate industry
Who We Are:
The Real Deal is the largest real estate news outlet in the US, reaching millions of professionals daily through our media channels. We have received 60+ awards for editorial excellence over the past six years, including the General Excellence award three times from the Society for Advancing Business Editing and Writing.
Quantcast rates us among the 300-most visited sites in the U.S. and our audience as the wealthiest and among the most educated.
The Real Deal is to real estate what Variety is to entertainment and Politico is to Beltway politics: a plugged-in news outlet read by the entire industry.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We partner with our employees to support diversity and inclusion in the workplace and through higher education programs supporting rising journalists.