About the job
The Daily Wire team continues to grow! Our Editorial department is expanding and we’re currently looking for a talented new News Editor to add to our team of Editorial professionals.
The News Editor will assign stories, review pitches, and edit copy for the Daily Wire website. Additionally, they will oversee breaking news coverage and ensure that the DW homepage is kept fresh and compelling.
If you have proven news desk experience, thrive in fast-paced environments, and think you’ve got what it takes to be part of one of America’s fastest-growing conservative media companies and counter-cultural outlets for news, opinion, and entertainment, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Serve as lead editor during assigned shifts
- Ensure speed and quality of coverage by team of reporters
- Oversee response to breaking events, including assigning, editing, and coordinating push notifications
- Edit both fast-breaking news stories and longer enterprise articles
- Monitor various sources to ensure rapid response to news as it happens
- Keep Home Page fresh with latest news
- Perform other duties as assigned
Experience & Requirements:
- 5+ years’ experience in digital news as editor and/or reporter
- Nashville, TN based (or willing to relocate) preferred
- Strong editing skills to refine or rewrite copy, depending on need
- Ability to work on tight deadlines and multi-task
- Strong leadership skills
- Knowledge of the political editorial landscape and of the audience of our publication
- A high-level understanding of journalistic writing
- Competency with devices, software and platforms necessary for journalistic writing and online communication
- G-suite proficiency
Reports to: Managing Editor of Editorial Production
Start date: Immediate
Employment type: Full-time; Exempt
Benefits: Health insurance options (medical through Blue Cross Blue Shield; dental and vision through Guardian); Paid Time Off; 401k (5% match)
To learn more about Daily Wire, please visit the following Daily Wire Facebook and YouTube page links:
Daily Wire Facebook
Daily Wire YouTube
Daily Wire provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please Note: Daily Wire participates in E-Verify and performs background checks on all new hires. We will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s form I-9 to confirm work authorization.