About the job
Cumulus Media’s Dallas location is offering a great opportunity for a News Anchor/Reporter (Part-Time). Our ideal candidate should possess an extremely good work ethic, be a self-starter, and highly organized with the ability to work in a fast-paced office environment.
Who We Are
Cumulus Media Dallas currently features 6 stations in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metro area: KTCK 1310 The Ticket, KPLX 99.5 The Wolf, KSCS 96.3 New Country, WBAP 820 News/Talk, KLIF-AM 570 News/Talk, & KLIF-FM Hot 93.3. At Cumulus Dallas we strive to hire passionate, driven, resourceful, problem solvers who have the ability to drive the evolving, diverse culture of the Power of Radio to success.
Cumulus Media Dallas is seeking an experienced News Anchor/Reporter (Part-Time) for the combined WBAP/KLIF News Department.
- Candidates for this position must have large to major market experience in radio news.
- Individual’s primary duties will be anchoring with some reporting outside of the newsroom along with writing and voicing stories, writing stories for the station websites and posting on social media platforms.
- Individual will perform various news duties as needed, with the potential of working overnight or early morning hours
- Familiarity with digital audio editing software required.
- Experience with long-form, breaking, non-scripted, long-form news and weather coverage is vital.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to multi-task and be a self-starter
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good at problem-solving and prioritizing
- Great team player
- All new hires must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by date of hire, subject to legally-mandated accommodations
What we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Professional growth and career path
- A focused, responsible and collaborative work environment with the ability, to ask “what if” and try innovative solutions
- For immediate consideration, please visit [ Link Removed ]
For more information about CUMULUS MEDIA, visit our website at: [ Link Removed ]
CUMULUS MEDIA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).