About the job
KeenLogic is working to expand its on-location video services to the House of Representatives community and we are seeking an onsite-staff Multimedia Specialist to support the growing demand for video services. Our selected Multimedia Specialist will provide on-location video services, and in house motion and graphic design services. This position will offer creative solutions to meet the needs and requirements of Members of Congress and Committees.
Candidate Capabilities Requirements/Experience
The Multimedia specialist is responsible for providing digital media-related support services for Member, Committee, and House support offices, primarily in the areas of photography, videography and motion graphics. In collaboration with the Senior Multimedia Specialist, participates in all stages of the multimedia development lifecycle, including gathering requirements, concept development, tools selection, prototypes, development, and delivery.
Candidate Specific Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Visual Communications, Broadcast Journalism or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 3 years’ experience in multiple digital media functional areas, including video publication/syndication, web production, audio and photo editing and motion graphics.
- 3 years’ experience working in a digital media environment in a consultative capacity.
- Utilizes both MAC and PC.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service including needs assessment, meeting quality standards and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Good working knowledge of media production, communication, visual aid preparation, and all stages of the desktop publishing process.
- Must have professional, relevant and timely experience with multiple applications and equipment related to video and motion graphics creation and editing, plus still photography in both field and studio settings.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with elected officials, senior staff, information systems professionals and non-technical users.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with cross-functional CAO staff as well as customers and stakeholders.
- Must be able to work additional hours as needed. Must be able to secure and maintain Federal Government security clearances as deemed appropriate by senior management.
- Ability to work additional hours as necessary.
Description Of Work
- Consults with customers and stakeholders to determine needs and ensure customer satisfaction of desired services in the areas of videography, video editing and motion graphics. Duties may also include still photography in field and studio environments.
- Creates multimedia content in support of communications, outreach or branding campaigns, including social media platforms.
- Designs and produces concepts and presentation approaches for visual communication media and works with cross-functional team members to meet specialized customer needs. Collaborates with Senior Multimedia Specialist to present final work products to customers for approval.
- Participates in project teams supporting House offices on high-profile or complex projects, often in tight-turnaround situations.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of current multimedia editing software and techniques, with an emphasis on the Adobe Creative Suite. Assists with training team members on use of video equipment and multimedia software tools.
- In consultation with the Senior Multimedia Specialist, provide feedback and input on planning issues and the day-to-day functions and responsibilities controlled by, assigned to, or associated with the area.
- Prepare recommendations for improvements, modifications and/or enhancements to assure responsiveness to changing requirements. Inform senior management of unusual problems and unanticipated constraints of resource requirements in a timely manner.
- Assist in the development and implementation of workplace policies, standards, procedures, practices, and communication programs.
- Participate in the development and distribution of all related program documents and materials.
- Performs other official duties as assigned.
Powered by JazzHR