About the job
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding using data science and analytics. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength.
Read more about our benefits here:https://www.mathematica.org/career-opportunities/benefits-at-a-glance.
We are currently looking for a Multimedia Producerto join our Communications team. This job will be located in the following locations, Cambridge, MA, Princeton, NJ, Washington, DC, Chicago, IL, or Ann Arbor, MI.The ideal candidate will produce compelling live webinars, webcasts, video trainings, recorded interviews, and other multimedia products for usage in websites, social media, and podcasts in support of overall plans and strategies employed by the digital services team in conjunction with department and organization leadership. Work with communications staff and outside vendors to plan and deploy digital media for forums, events, and other communications initiatives. Provide strategic counsel, planning, and execution for online multimedia initiatives that are innovative and effectively support corporate, project, or internal communications goals.
- Plan and deploy live webinars, webcasts, and video recordings for forums, meetings, trainings and other in-person, virtual, and hybrid events using On24, WebEx, Zoom, or other online conferencing technologies.
- Conduct technical troubleshooting and provide technical user assistance as needed during live events.
- Develop, plan, and deploy a variety of multimedia products for internal and external audiences, delivered on different platforms, optimized for desktop, mobile, and other devices.
- Work with staff, clients, and vendors to establish expectations and requirements; provide counsel and guidance on effective approaches and technical feasibility; and produce proposals for scope of work, resource requirements, and timelines.
- Collaborate with other specialists, writers, animators, artists, sound engineers, and programmers to produce audio, video, and multimedia projects as necessary.
- Ensure that all products conform with corporate style, visual and branding guidelines, and those of relevant clients when applicable.
- Ensure compliance with Section 508 standards for accessibility, correcting renderings in multiple browsers as necessary.
- Recommend and implement audiovisual enhancements to improve the user experience of virtual events.
- Spearhead efforts to identify, evaluate, recommend, and implement new technologies and approaches for producing and disseminating highly effective multimedia products.
- Develop procedures to facilitate content updates and ensure that information in externally and internally facing multimedia products is current, accurate, representative, and appropriate.
- Recommend, support, and enforce the overall plans, strategies, and budgets employed by the digital services team in conjunction with department and organization leadership/In conjunction with the department’s senior management, ensure that all deadlines and production schedules are appropriate and adhered to for all projects
- Develop and maintain process and best practices guidelines.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in a related area, for example video production, radio, television, and film, multimedia, graphic design, visual or digital communications, or journalism.
- Have a minimum of 5 years of experience in digital communications, multimedia production, or online conferencing and event production.
- A combination of equivalent education and work experience may be substituted for the above requirements.
- Experience working with a variety of technology vendors and platforms required to support webinars, multimedia production, and multimedia dissemination. For example: WebEx, On24, Zoom, YouTube, Vimeo, SoundCloud, iTunes, captioning services, conference calling/telecommunications services, and Digital Asset Management platforms.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and web design practices to create event landing pages.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and flexibility to handle multiple projects with shifting priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and consistent exercise of sound judgment.
- Accuracy with work, strong organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with others.
- Flexibility to handle multiple priorities, sometimes simultaneously, under deadline pressure.
- Ability to work independently for long periods of time.
- Willingness to travel to live event locations as necessary
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations. The anticipated salary range for this position is between $58,100-$85,000. This position may be eligible for an annual bonus based on individual and company performance.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite clearance.
Available locations: Princeton, NJ; Washington, DC; Cambridge, MA; Ann Arbor, MI
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.