Full Job Description
Multimedia Journalist – Digital Content Producer
Bell Hospital, Indian Creek Medical Office Building
Position Summary / Career Interest:
The Multi-Media Journalist (MMJ) – Digital Content Producer is responsible for providing digital video content to the Medical News Network (MNN) for distribution over various channels and audiences including but not limited to hospital websites, social media and email for patients, general public, lawmakers and staff. (60%) The MMJ – Digital Content Producer must be proficient in broadcast journalism including writing, shooting, editing and LIVE shot skills. Anchoring experience preferred. This position is also responsible for managing, coordinating and tracking multiple assignments in a collaborative environment and often under daily deadlines. (25%) The MMJ – Digital Content Producer contributes ideas to add or retain subscribers/followers to the MNN, MMU, social media channels and @kuhospitalnews Twitter feed. (15%)
- Enterprises and strategizes story ideas with Media News Network (MNN) team for pitching to media.
- Initiates and executes story content for the MNN with emphasis on audience engagement to support strategic growth (including media, lawmakers and public).
- Understands the makeup of fan bases and strives to make the community a healthier place by identifying important health problems/barriers, and drives solutions through use of MNN resources.
- Broadcasts industry knowledge including ability to interview, write, voice and edit ENG content including LIVE streaming as opportunities present.
- Reports, produces and edits to both MNN and government relations such as an e-newsletter.
- Understands and leverages social media outlets including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to support strategic growth, maintains awareness of the health system and grow health system reputation.
- Responsible for tracking and compiling social media analytics as well as ‘proof of performance’ reports for Hospital Executives.
- Helps oversee the workflow of content across various platforms so that it meets the MNN broadcast standards as well as deadlines
- Coaches fellow team members to more effectively pitch the media, interact with the public and assist government relations goals.
- Applies innovative and creative thinking to support the department’s goals including increasing membership and followers to MNN websites and @kuhospitalnews sites.
- Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
- Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Associate’s Degree in journalism or similar area of study or equivalent experience .
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in broadcast reporting including LIVE reporting and LIVE interviewing is required.
- Ability to read and write English and knowledge of both broadcast and AP style writing
- Ability to understand, read, write and speak English.
- Knowledge and proficiency in using following programs and equipment: Adobe Premiere editing software, fully manual studio and field ENG cameras, lighting and audio equipment, social media platforms including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Strong computer skills, bonus if versatile in navigating excel data bases, Power Point and Word Processing.
- Bachelor’s degree