Full Job Description
Telemundo Charlotte, part of the WSOC newsroom, is seeking a Multimedia Journalist to help grow the market’s only Spanish-language TV newscast.
The Multimedia Journalist presents daily news content for Noticias Charlotte, as well as content on digital and social media.
The ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate the ability to enterprise original stories, with unique voices and content that drives newscast viewing; demonstrate the ability to develop sources and work a beat
- Create breaking news content effectively and communicate to the newsroom as soon as a story is confirmed, and update weather content when weather conditions warrant
- Demonstrate the ability to shoot and edit video, write scripts, and effectively communicate live on-air
- Have exceptional news judgment and writing skills
- Be able to work independently at high standards under deadline pressure
- Work well with co-workers
- Generate story ideas daily
- Have the ability to shoot and edit video, write scripts, and effectively communicate live on-air
- Effective October 1, 2021, all newly hired CMG employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date. CMG will provide reasonable accommodations as required by law for individuals unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
What We Look For
- Ability to read, write and speak in Spanish and English
- A minimum of 2 years professional experience in local TV news is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University in Journalism or Communications preferred
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Must be thoroughly professional in all aspects of journalism
- Must be well read on current affairs and have a wide range working knowledge and understanding of general interest subject.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group, Inc. (CMG) is an industry-leading media company with dominant brands, award-winning content, and exceptional people. CMG provides valuable local content to viewers in the communities in which it serves. The company’s operations primarily include 33 high-quality, market-leading television stations in 20 markets, 65 radio stations delivering all genres of content in 11 markets, and numerous streaming and digital platforms. CMG’s portfolio includes primary affiliates of ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, and MyNetworkTV, as well as several valuable news and independent stations. Additionally, the company also offers a full suite of national, regional, local and digital advertising services with CMG Local Solutions, Cox Reps and Gamut.