Full Job Description
Univision Local Media is seeking a creative journalist who can work across all of our dynamic platforms, who is able and willing to engage our viewers and online users on a daily basis. A journalist who is highly skilled, self-starter who is able to produce, shoot and edit stories under deadline pressure. Responsible for presenting accurate, balanced news stories, for shooting, editing, writing, and presenting accurate, balanced daily news stories, as well as, news producing rundowns for the station’s newscasts. The right candidate will work as a one-person operation and be responsible for reporting, shooting and editing news stories and producing content for use in multiple outlets. Candidate will write and post across various platforms including updating web site and mobile products. The right candidate must be able to shoot and edit, be active in social media, do walk-and-talk live shots and be able to grab viewers with sights and sounds. Must work effectively under pressure and in a fast-paced environment, meeting tight deadlines and maintaining a positive attitude. Candidate might be required to build Sports segments for newscasts.
- Reporting, shooting and editing video news stories and producing content for use in multiple outlets.
- Candidate will write and post across various platforms including updating web site and mobile products.
- The right candidate must know social media, do walk-and-talk live shots and be able to grab viewers with sights and sounds.
- Gather information, conduct interviews, shoot video, produce, report and edit assigned stories daily.
- Post video, pictures and stories to Website, Facebook, Radio and other social media outlets.
- Maintain strong familiarity with local, national and international news and issues of the day.
- Establish and maintain news contacts in the community
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that works well with co-workers, supervisors and the community at large.
- Other duties as deemed necessary.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum 1 year newsroom experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- BA degree in communication, journalism, television broadcasting or equivalent preferred.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Fluent in Spanish (read and write)
- Must be willing to work from office in Raleigh, NC and surrounding DMA
- Employment/education will be verified
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, type, and sit for up to (8) hours
- Univision is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.