FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
GBH enriches people’s lives through programs and services that educate, inspire, and entertain, fostering citizenship and culture, the joy of learning, and the power of diverse perspectives.
Connecting Point is NEPM’s nightly live multiplatform experience with a commitment to quality, in-depth storytelling and journalism, bringing Western New England the stories of the people, issues, and ideas that matter most to them.
Reporting to the Executive Producer, the Multimedia Engagement Production Associate will assist with all of the interactive audience engagement aspects of the pre-production, production and post-production of a live nightly multimedia broadcast experience.
Responsibilities include: vetting the audience interaction in real time with on-air talent during a live nightly multimedia broadcast experience. Working closely with the editorial team, the Digital Media Manager and the Executive Producer, the Multimedia Engagement Production Associate will be the “gatekeeper” for audience interaction with the program, ensuring that audience-driven content is relevant to the conversation/topics being discussed, and is free from profanity or abusive or derogatory language and content. Schedule changes according to production.
- Monitor program’s social media channels and answer audience phone calls
- Vet audience phone calls and social media interaction with on-air talent in real time for a live nightly broadcast
- Research (stories, talent, etc)
- Print schedules, questions, bios, etc. needed for production
- Assist with production, help organize and operate relevant equipment, etc.
- Coordinate with on-air talent and the CP Editorial Team
- Help create social media/digital assets
- Proficiency with the latest social media platforms.
- Ability to create assets using Photoshop.
- Strong writing skills.
- Strong organizational skills and experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- The ability to interface in a polite, positive and diplomatic manner with the public via phone or social media.
- Candidates for this position should have proven editorial and computer skills as well as the ability to work quickly and accurately under deadline.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
College degree or equivalent related work experience required. 1-3 years of TV Production experience required; Studio Production experience is preferred. Extensive experience with social media platforms and social media campaigns/promotions is a must.
GBH is an equal opportunity employer. The community and audience we serve is diverse, and we wish to foster that diversity in our workplace. Toward that end, GBH does not discriminate against individuals in hiring, employment or promotion on the basis of race, religion, color, sex/gender, gender identity and gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap or disability, veteran or military status, political belief, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.