About the job
WTVF, the Scripps CBS Station and Nashville’s number one morning newscast is looking for an outstanding Morning Anchor/Reporter to join our team.
You will work for people committed to quality journalism, and a passion for being the best. If you are competitive, a gifted storyteller, and an excellent performer on the anchor desk, this could be the opportunity for you.
What You’ll Do
- Anchor weekday morning newscasts and assume a leadership role in the newsroom.
- Able to deliver the news in a smooth, conversational, approachable, yet authoritative tone.
- Research stories by calling sources and attending news events.
- Organize and set up interviews and video shoots.
- Produce strong and accurate live reports from the scene of news stories and other events.
- Write story content and edit and review video in order to put stories together.
- Anchor newscasts live in the field.
- Engage viewers via social media on a daily basis.
- Take part in station and independent community service events and activities.
- Assist in transporting equipment such as cameras and tripods (possibly up to thirty pounds).
- Host in-depth programming on our 24 hour cable channel.
What You ‘ll Need
- Bachelors degree in broadcast, journalism or other related field preferred.
- At least 3-years of News Anchor experience required.
- At least 5-years of Reporting experience required.
What You’ll Bring
- Working knowledge of computers, photography, editing, social media and the Internet.
- Strong broadcast and digital writing skills.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
- Work well with news and production staffs.
- Ability to type, using a newsroom computer system.
- Flexibility to work as needed within station hours of operation, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including holidays.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Professional appearance and behavior.
- Must be able to lift equipment such as cameras a tripods weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Position requires spending time outdoors, including in extremely hot or cold conditions, and transporting equipment across uneven terrain on foot.
- Capability to gather information on multiple platforms for newscasts.
- Proven ability to relate to the public and share information via social media.
- Must be able to speak clearly and concisely.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As the nation’s fourth-largest local TV broadcaster, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets. The Scripps Networks reach nearly every American through the national news outlets Court TV and Newsy and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Grit, Laff and Court TV Mystery. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.