About the job
Saylite Marketing Specialist
Make a difference in a growing, dynamic organization that has been in business since 1964. Saylite is large enough to have a strong foundation, yet small enough for you to make things happen, and foster tangible results. We are seeking a creative, entrepreneurial, and experienced lighting marketing specialist to help us build and expand upon our strong product line.
Saylite is on the fast track to become one of the most dynamic companies in commercial lighting. It is an amazing time in lighting. It can enhance life and work in powerful ways, with technology creating new opportunities every day. It is also more complex than ever, blending the lines between what’s possible and what’s practical.
The successful Marketing Specialist will help Saylite continue to provide the market with lighting products that meet these ever-changing dynamics.
The Marketing Specialist is responsible for working with the team (internal & external) to develop and execute the company’s marketing efforts. This also includes partnering with the engineering team, product development, and sales to quickly respond to customer requests (spec sheets, pricing data, etc.) while ensuring data is accurate and reflects the company’s profit guidelines. To learn more about the specifics of this role, the full job description is included below.
The Ideal Candidate: The successful candidate will have Architectural lighting industry experience, with 3+ years’ experience in B2B product marketing. For a full list of desired skills & attributes, please see Section III. of the job description.
Why Work for Saylite: Enjoy the opportunity to have a true impact on the business, and be a key driving force in the entire product development process. Saylite offers a competitive compensation package, a range of healthcare benefits, company sponsored life insurance, PTO, and 401k.
Read on for the full job description. Thanks for your interest, and we look forward to hearing from you!
Section I. General Overview & Reporting:
The Marketing Specialist is responsible for coordinating with the team (internal & external) in the development and execution of the company’s marketing efforts. This includes partnering with the engineering team, product development, and sales to quickly respond to customer requests (spec sheets, pricing data, etc.) while ensuring data is accurate and reflects the company’s profit guidelines.
Section II. Duties & Areas Of Responsibility
- The primary duties of the Marketing Specialist consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Act as marketing’s primary advocate on cross functional development teams, in the creation of strategic marketing plans
- Manage communication across multiple sales channels (reps, distributors, end users, etc.)
- Collaborate with product development to align Marketing and Product calendars/strategies, accelerate the sale of new products and product categories
- Coordinate the Social Media marketing initiative, in conjunction with the team
- Assist with the creation of sales collateral, copy, email marketing, blogs, newsletters and sales bulletins
- Act as project manager regarding schedules and communications with external marketing agencies, designers, and copywriters
- Partner with product and sales personnel to define go-to-market strategy, and ensure understanding of product positioning, key benefits, and target customers
- Coordinate photography and videography efforts
- Collaborate with the team to identify and execute the development roadmap in the growth of the overall brand, lead generation, and sales
- Monitor and direct customer buying groups and programs, and analyze results
- Assist sales with prepping for trade shows and industry events (manpower scheduling, marketing materials, etc.)
- Coordinate with external resources regarding Saylite’s website, performing minor updates as needed
- Other duties, as assigned
Section III: Necessary Skills and Attributes:
- Bachelors Degree
- 3+ years of marketing experience
- Architectural, Commercial, Industrial lighting industry or other B2B experience preferred
- Solid understanding of B2B marketing channels, and the ability to develop unique strategies for each.
- Grasp of Digital marketing with the ability to work in and manage multiple social media platforms such as, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Instagram
- Demonstrated effectiveness working closely with product and sales teams to clearly define and deliver the right solutions to market at the right time
- Strategic thinker who is capable of predicting industry trends to create short and long-term success
- Ability to write professional copy for advertisements and products
- Solid experience writing creative briefs, and coordinating with internal/external creative teams in the revision and finalization of content.
- Solid written and verbal communication abilities
- Proven leadership role in driving initiatives and working collaboratively across the organization
- Excellent time management, planning and organizational skills
- Team player. Strong drive. Self–‐starter
- Ability to travel for trade shows (estimated to be 10% – 20%)
- Ability to have and maintain a credit card for business-related (reimbursable) expenses
Section IV: Physical Requirements:
- Visual acuity required to read computer screens, written documents, inspect materials, products, etc.
- Must be able to work sitting, standing, stooping, bending, and in squatting position.
- Ability to hear and speak on the phone or computer
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds.
- Manual dexterity required for computer work, to handle materials, supplies, etc.
- Ability to travel independently, without assistance
- Must have the ability to occasionally spend time in a non-climate controlled plant/warehouse environment (including high/low temperatures, dust, humidity, etc.)
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature & levels of the work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, & skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment & are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
At Saylite, we believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer competitive salary, benefits, and PTO package for all full-time permanent positions. Saylite is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without need for employer-sponsored visa.
Please no calls or emails from recruiters.
Make a difference in a growing, dynamic organization that has been in business since 1964. Saylite is large enough to have a strong foundation, yet small enough for you to make things happen, and foster tangible results.
Saylite is on the fast track to becoming one of the most dynamic companies in commercial lighting. It is an amazing time in lighting. Lighting can enhance life and work in powerful ways, with technology creating new opportunities every day. It is also more complex than ever, blending the lines between possibility and practicality!