Full Job Description
Dierbergs is seeking a Marketing Communications Manager for its full-service in-house ad agency to work closely with internal clients and company owners to develop, coordinate, direct, and facilitate strategic communications.
We’re looking for a problem solver, a fast learner, an idea generator. The kind of person has a fire burning to always learn more, make an impact in a changing retail industry and doesn’t stop at status quo. We need that person that always has a creative idea brewing; and thrives on team collaboration and the challenge of developing unique ways to deliver an impactful message across communication channels that are both relevant and on trend. One that has an appreciation for the minor details – that make a profound impact to customer service, and developing trustworthy relationships with clients – but can step back and look at the bigger picture.
- Build and maintain solid partnerships with assigned internal clients to better develop, coordinate, direct, and facilitate strategic communications designed to meet business goals.
- Design campaigns to adequately target specific audiences, placing an emphasis and discipline on campaign performance to help with recommendations for future programs.
- Responsible for researching and understanding key business challenges, customer behavior, target audiences, competitive activity, and environmental factors that impact programs within the store and assigned departments.
- Provide hands-on advertising support for assigned store departments, paying close attention to timelines.
- Identify & present opportunities for consistency in messaging and customer experience across channels from in-store signage to digital to print.
- Develop an understanding of department short- & long-term goals and planned initiatives.
- Adjusts and communicates plan changes as necessary to ensure costs for materials, media, and labor are in line with the sales potential for a specific product or campaign.
- Works with leadership to keep a pulse on overall store activity to identify cross-marketing opportunities.
- Keeps informed of developments in the field of marketing and communications, supermarkets, and other retailers to foster ideas and innovation.
- Develop content and direct creative execution that provides a consistent, targeted, and impactful message.
- This role requires strong versatile copywriting skills for print and broadcast advertising; magazines and newsletters; web; social media; in-store point-of-sale materials; media releases and corporate communications.
- Directs in-house and external graphic designers, photographers, and other media-production specialists integral to the completion of marketing projects.
- Contributes ideas for new in-store programs, researches, and recommends branding.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, strategic communications, or equivalent
- Minimum three (3) years of advertising or marketing experience
- Service-oriented attitude with a focus on client satisfaction
- Excellent copywriting & creative skills.
- Must be creative in both thought process and writing style.
- Demonstrated experience with all types of social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Experience working in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Good organizational, planning, and coordination skills; ability to multi-task and re-prioritize as needed
- Takes full ownership of assigned projects and can work independently
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Possess a sense of urgency, self-motivated and detail-minded
- Strong interpersonal skills; builds collaborative relationships
- Good verbal presentation, group dynamic, and facilitation skills required
- Proactive approach in resolving problems and issues; involves the right people to work through complexities and identify potential solutions
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and web content management systems experience
- Primary hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., may include some evenings and weekends
This description is representative only and is not exhaustive of all the tasks an Associate in this position may be required to perform.
Discover your hometown career at the Hometown Store!
Celebrating 166 years, Dierbergs is a family-owned retail supermarket chain with more than 4,000 associates, 24 St. Louis metro-area stores, and a location at Missouri’s Lake of the Ozarks. Named the #1 grocery store in Missouri (by MSN.com) and the 11 the best grocery store in the nation (by Consumer Reports ), we are known for our superior customer service and wide range of fresh, healthy products. We also give back to our communities through a variety of annual initiatives.