About the job
Detail-oriented, well-organized, strong writer and editor needed to join award-winning B2B media brand!
The Managing Editor will be responsible for managing the flow of editorial content for print and digital properties, including editing and proofreading, as well as producing some content, while working closely with top editorial staff. Will ensure adherence to deadlines and schedules while maintaining editorial quality and brand reputation. Will have professional interaction with company departments as well as readers, advertisers, and contributors. Some travel and public speaking required.
- Work with editors, design, and media operations staff to manage the flow of monthly print issues, including editing and proofreading
- Work with editors and web teams to manage digital content, including creating and posting content in CMS, editing others’ work, sending out e-newsletters, and evaluating traffic and engagement statistics
- Edit and re-write news releases as needed and post online
- Research, write, edit, and produce content, both as assigned and developing new content ideas, including departments, features, videos, podcasts, webinars, etc.
- Participate in content planning
- Lead and manage projects such as surveys, awards programs, supplements, Editorial Advisory Board, etc.
- Manage social media channels on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn, etc.
- Work with events department on webinars and events (in-person and virtual)
- Attend various Bobit or industry events and press conferences; develop and present speeches
- Be well-versed in industry terms and stay abreast of trends, communicating regularly with readers, industry leaders, and advertisers
- Coordinate with outside contributors for columns and freelance content
- Other duties as assigned
- B.A. in Journalism, or an equivalent combination of education and expereince
- 5+ years writer/editor (print and digital) experience (B2B experience a plus)
- Proven excellence in editing, proofreading, interviewing, news reporting, feature writing, and content development
- Knowledge of AP style
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, and InCopy
- Social media experience (handling for a business)
- Google Analytics experience
- Basic photo-editing skills
- Self-starter with ability to push projects forward to ensure deadlines are met
- Experience working with designers to develop cover concepts is a plus
- Photography, video, podcasting, webinar, and events experience are preferred
- Trucking, automotive, fleet, law enforcement, beauty, or transportation industry experience a plus
REQUIRED: Include writing/multimedia samples of your work (or link to portfolio) when submitting resume.
Please visit the Careers section of Bobit Business Media’s site to view the benefits you will receive in return for your commitment and dedication to our brands.
About Bobit Business Media
Businesses run faster, smarter, and better with essential information and services Bobit provides. We bring buyers and sellers together through our media and events. We help advance the markets we serve and their critical business decisions are made with the information, data, and technology we deliver. Bobit helps business move forward. Bobit Business Media is a national B2B media company providing business information and solutions via print and digital magazines, digital media, live events and specialized marketing tools.