Function of the Position:
This is a professional position reporting to the Sr. Director, External Affairs. The Manager will be responsible for technical operations as they relate to the AIA’s e-newsletter, which reaches more than 100,000 recipients, and other digital assets. This includes the gathering of information for the newsletter, maintenance of the Topic A website, and the close integration among AIA’s social media campaign, Blueprint for Better PR campaign and website, creative use of Film Challenge subject matter, and editorial content creation.
The Manager will be key to identifying how to integrate traditional, social, and new media platforms to advance AIA’s editorial content goals.
- The primary focus is to support the Sr. Director, Director, and Sr. Manager of External Affairs with carrying out AIA’s overall media strategy by creating and posting unique and curated engaging, informative digital media content on the association’s websites, e-newsletter, and magazine.
- Responsible for the technical aspect of multi-platform communications including web, social media, and print in coordination with the media relations team and the marketing team.
- Manage and coordinate internal process, including copywriting and editing for text, graphics, and final production values for digital assets, consistent with AIA brand standards.
- Incorporate existing AIA resources into new digital content to advance AIA’s mission to promote sustainability in the built world, and equity, diversity, and inclusion in the profession and society through the power of design.
- Serve as a point of contact for internal stakeholders for digital content creation and coordination by working closely with the Content Governance team to coordinate placement of multi-platform and multi-media assets and content.
- AIA Brand + Engagement Team
- External Workforce & EDI Strategies
- Sustainability & Resilience
- Research & Practice
- Knowledge Community Leads
- Component Collaboration & Resources
KSAs, Training and Experience:
- Experience aggregating and curating relevant content that furthers the AIA strategic priorities and the efforts of architects.
- Video and audio editing skills required.
- Strong writing and copyediting skills, including familiarity with AP Style.
- Demonstrated understanding of digital communications, including the fundamentals of website content management (prior CMS experience with WordPress, etc. preferred).
- Experience in video and audio editing preferred for development of brief clips, or recorded podcasts that complement existing content.
- Experience in graphic design desired for time-sensitive simple projects that can be used for both the e-newsletter and social media. (A keen understanding and adherence to organizational brand and content guidelines will be required.)
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, InCopy, Premiere, and Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Proven ability to work independently.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills required.
- Identifies and edits photos for use in e-newsletter.
- Other duties as required
Graphic design experience desired…
- Skill in prioritizing tasks and deadlines to achieve team goals and to field incoming requests from reporters with urgency.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal negotiation skills.
- Effectively work with members, colleagues, and others to provide outstanding customer service.
- Understanding of SalesForce Marketing Cloud required.
- Excellent attention to detail and meeting deadlines.
- Experience creating engaging e-newsletters desired.
- Good interpersonal skills for effective relationships with department staff and architect-expert sources.
Bachelor’s degree or specialization in communications, public relations, marketing, journalism, English or Political Science with a minimum of four to five years’ experience relevant experience.
Supervisory Requirements- none
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.