About the job
Our Mission: Developing curative genome editing treatments that can positively transform the lives of people living with severe and life-threatening diseases.
At Intellia, we are committed to solving the complex challenges of making CRISPR/Cas9-based medicines a reality for patients suffering from genetic diseases and to create novel engineered cell therapies for immuno-oncological and autoimmune diseases.
This newly created role will join the Associate Director of Investor Relations in furthering Intellia’s mission and strategy through the development and execution of its investor relations (IR) strategy. This person will have a unique opportunity to work closely with leadership across the organization and scientists at a leading clinical-stage genome editing company. The position is a very fast paced role with wide-ranging responsibilities from maintaining an active IR calendar to drafting strategic communications for the investment community. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, a team player and eager to learn. The Manager will report to the Associate Director, Investor Relations.
- Help drive an active IR calendar including the planning and execution of investor conferences, non-deal roadshows, bus tours and other investor events.
- Assist in preparing quarterly earnings materials, corporate deck updates, scientific presentations, and other external communications with an investor focus.
- Conduct ad hoc research projects to guide IR strategy and plans and keep current on competitive landscape.
- Monitor company-specific and industry-wide sell-side research including financial model updates.
- Serve as primary point of contact to corporate access teams to plan logistics for investor events.
- Prepare background information for key spokespeople in advance of investor meetings.
- Develop, maintain, and update corporate Q&A documents as needed.
- Actively manage the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool to track all IR interactions.
- Maintain and update the investor relations section of corporate website to reflect up-to-date information.
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders (External Affairs & Communications, Finance, Legal, etc.) and assist in managing external agency and vendor relationships
- Support the preparation and execution of the Annual Shareholders’ Meeting in close collaboration with the Finance and Legal team.
- Administrative responsibilities including scheduling of internal and external meetings and travel.
- At least 2+ years of relevant work experience in an investor relation or communications position
- Biotech, pharmaceutical, medical device or tech company expertise a plus, given the high science nature of Intellia’s business
- B.A. in Journalism, Communications (corporate or marketing focus), English or Biology/Chemistry degree with requisite communications work experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong client service focus and ability to work independently and in teams, as well as excellent organizational skills, flexibility, and ability to prioritize workflows
- Proactive and direct communication style
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with absolute discretion
- EEOC Statement: Intellia believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Intellia will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.