Full Job Description
This is an hourly part time position (approximately 20 hours/week) within the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills (verbal and non-verbal), and exhibit proficient listening skills while working directly with the department Chair, Administrator, and other faculty. This position will develop marketing strategies for the department relying on industry knowledge and experience when coordinating communication activities with the Office of Communications and Community Outreach. This is a benefits-eligible position.
- Develop internal and external marketing communication strategies such as newsletters, informational brochures, publications, and other mediums for public relations for the department.
- Develop, write and edit department newsletter content, press releases, web content, and news stories. Send information from the department to the Office of Communications and Community Outreach for various College internal communications.
- Serve as primary liaison between department and the Office of Communications and Community Outreach. Maintain communication with the Office of Communications and Community Outreach on advertising opportunities and compliance.
- Manage communication materials for departmental projects. Distribute quarterly newsletter to faculty, administration and alumni (internal and external).
- Manage all Online communications including department website and social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
- High School diploma or GED.
- Six years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, English.
- Experience in Adobe Pro, MS Publisher, other design software.
- Experience in the Healthcare industry.