About the job
Position at Everyday Health – Professional
MedPage Today is a trusted medical news service for health professionals. Our award-winning journalists bring you daily specialty news, investigative reports, features, and multimedia stories. Internships offer mentorship in health journalism and the chance to establish a portfolio of published articles. Interns in our newsroom contribute to coverage of medical specialties and health policy.
This year, the paid fall internship will be conducted virtually. Circumstances allowing, the intern may have the opportunity to accompany staff covering an in-person medical conference, a press conference, or a federal agency hearing.
- Write at least two articles per week
- Monitor social networking sites for story ideas
- Draft social media posts
- Learn and utilize internal content management system
- Attend team video calls
- Demonstrated interest in health or journalism
- Self-starter mindset
- Ability to communicate and collaborate in a remote work environment
- Availability from August/September 2021 through December 2021